Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Show

Featured Replies

anyone listen?

 

 

and if so what are your thoughts?

 

 

Personally I think Rob and Kevin do an amazing job on the Show and its one of my highlights on XM. Great insight, great discussions, always able to take things 'the next step'

 

I give them a 5 baseballs out of 5.

Sirius or XM???

 

Which should I get?

 

 

 

I dont have either but I would think that XM is a no brainer cause they have all the MLB games.

 

But thats just me...... :whistle

  • Author

if you are a baseball fan XM is worth it for their baseball coverage alone.

 

 

 

Thats true... what about politics and the other sports?

 

I know Howard Stern is on Sirius.

 

ya well stern is not politics or sports.

 

 

i dont listen to any political crap generally.

 

they have a nice assortment of sports, all depends on what you want most.

 

if baseball is your thing then XM is far and away your best choice.

 

Besides this thread is about The Show itself :)

My only gripe with them is Kevin is such a huge Dodgers homer. Every story, every explanation has something to do with the Dodgers. If it's not the Dodgers, then it's Texas or Boston (teams he worked for) but the guy has very little knowledge of guys or things outside those 3 organizations.

 

The beat with Charlie Steiner is where it's at.

I wouldnt give away my XM Radio for anything. I keep it on Homeplate all day!!! But there are tmes when I find Stiener a little bit irretating. But Baseball This Morning ( Mark Patrick, Buck Martinez and Orestes Destrade) is a great way to start the day off.

  • Author

My only gripe with them is Kevin is such a huge Dodgers homer. Every story, every explanation has something to do with the Dodgers. If it's not the Dodgers, then it's Texas or Boston (teams he worked for) but the guy has very little knowledge of guys or things outside those 3 organizations.

 

The beat with Charlie Steiner is where it's at.

 

 

well its natural for Kevin's stories to be tinged with experiences with those three organizations, since thats where he spent the majority of his career.

 

 

The Show is West coast slanted along with Yankees and Boston, but thats largely due to the vast majority of callers being from those areas.

 

 

I wouldnt really say that Kevin has 'little knowlege' of the other 27 teams in baseball though. That's a bit extreme.

My only gripe with them is Kevin is such a huge Dodgers homer. Every story, every explanation has something to do with the Dodgers. If it's not the Dodgers, then it's Texas or Boston (teams he worked for) but the guy has very little knowledge of guys or things outside those 3 organizations.

 

The beat with Charlie Steiner is where it's at.

 

 

well its natural for Kevin's stories to be tinged with experiences with those three organizations, since thats where he spent the majority of his career.

 

 

The Show is West coast slanted along with Yankees and Boston, but thats largely due to the vast majority of callers being from those areas.

 

 

I wouldnt really say that Kevin has 'little knowlege' of the other 27 teams in baseball though. That's a bit extreme.

Kevin knows baseball, but it bothers me that 90% of what he talks about is about the Dodgers. I listen every day on my way home from work and it kind of drags to hear yet another Dodgers reference, you know? That being said, have you ever heard Kevin on Opie & Anthony? That's where the great stories he has are :lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.