June 15, 200620 yr That was amazing. K'ing Jones and Jones :thumbup . I thought he was going to blow the game right there. I trusted him that he would get out of that mess and he did.
June 15, 200620 yr Stop thinking about trades and stupid sh*t like that. Be happy that he gritted his teeth and got out of a huge jam.
June 15, 200620 yr Author Stop thinking about trades and stupid sh*t like that. Be happy that he gritted his teeth and got out of a huge jam. Its not stupid....It would be stupid to keep him, hopefully he gets that ERA under 3.50 and keeps converting saves. I'll never forget all we gave up to get Uggy, hopefully we can do the same. For what its worth I am happy he got us through that inning and how he's performed but you've got to think about the future over the present for the moment with this frachise
June 15, 200620 yr Stop thinking about trades and stupid sh*t like that. Be happy that he gritted his teeth and got out of a huge jam. Its not stupid....It would be stupid to keep him, hopefully he gets that ERA under 3.50 and keeps converting saves. I'll never forget all we gave up to get Uggy, hopefully we can do the same. For what its worth I am happy he got us through that inning and how he's performed but you've got to think about the future over the present for the moment with this frachise So you want to get two washouts and a guy who takes three seasons to become an average at best player? You're not wrong that Borowski, if he continues to convert saves, will have value at the trade deadline but personally I'd hope the Fish could get someone who would contribute immediately. Then again, D'Rays just DLed another reliever. Perhaps there's a chance of moving Herges in the meantime.
June 15, 200620 yr What could we get from the rays for Herges...in all honesty...single A catcher Christian Lopez maybe?
June 15, 200620 yr Stop thinking about trades and stupid sh*t like that. Be happy that he gritted his teeth and got out of a huge jam. Its not stupid....It would be stupid to keep him, hopefully he gets that ERA under 3.50 and keeps converting saves. I'll never forget all we gave up to get Uggy, hopefully we can do the same. For what its worth I am happy he got us through that inning and how he's performed but you've got to think about the future over the present for the moment with this frachise So you want to get two washouts and a guy who takes three seasons to become an average at best player? You're not wrong that Borowski, if he continues to convert saves, will have value at the trade deadline but personally I'd hope the Fish could get someone who would contribute immediately. At the time 03, the Marlins have up 3 of their top 12 or so prospects.
June 15, 200620 yr What could we get from the rays for Herges...in all honesty...single A catcher Christian Lopez maybe? Actually my thinking was the (Marlins) roster spot was more valuable than anything we got in return. Since the Fish haven't DFAed Herges one would think they are trying to find a new "home" for him. I could be wrong, but that's my read. At the time 03, the Marlins have up 3 of their top 12 or so prospects. I'm fully aware of who the Marlins gave up for the leading closer in the American League. Perfect example of what the true value is of so many "can't miss prospects" as determined by the media. You know who Baseball America leans on to quantify Marlins prospects? Mike Berardino. 'Nuff said.
June 15, 200620 yr Herges would be very hard to trade...maybe PTBNL is the best we can get for him...Joe Bo will get us a good prospect that has no where to go within his organization
June 15, 200620 yr What could we get from the rays for Herges...in all honesty...single A catcher Christian Lopez maybe? Actually my thinking was the (Marlins) roster spot was more valuable than anything we got in return. Since the Fish haven't DFAed Herges one would think they are trying to find a new "home" for him. I could be wrong, but that's my read. Yes, possibly. I'd actually like Lopez(he was just the worst D-Rays "prospect", or really non prospect I could think of). Young catcher with some pop and a cool name. But what would that roster spot lead to? Another pitcher? I could see letting Anibal get some innings out of the pen before moving to the rotation, but with Moehler throwing well and Petit already here and not getting innings, that isnt neccessary. Vargas is hurt. Jose Garcia...no need to rush his development, no matter how promising he is. The spot going to a guy like Resop or Ungs, and an extra spot on the 40 man could be very helpful I agree.
June 15, 200620 yr What could we get from the rays for Herges...in all honesty...single A catcher Christian Lopez maybe? Actually my thinking was the (Marlins) roster spot was more valuable than anything we got in return. Since the Fish haven't DFAed Herges one would think they are trying to find a new "home" for him. I could be wrong, but that's my read. Yes, possibly. I'd actually like Lopez(he was just the worst D-Rays "prospect", or really non prospect I could think of). Young catcher with some pop and a cool name. But what would that roster spot lead to? Another pitcher? I could see letting Anibal get some innings out of the pen before moving to the rotation, but with Moehler throwing well and Petit already here and not getting innings, that isnt neccessary. Vargas is hurt. Jose Garcia...no need to rush his development, no matter how promising he is. The spot going to a guy like Resop or Ungs, and an extra spot on the 40 man could be very helpful I agree. What could we get from the rays for Herges...in all honesty...single A catcher Christian Lopez maybe? Actually my thinking was the (Marlins) roster spot was more valuable than anything we got in return. Since the Fish haven't DFAed Herges one would think they are trying to find a new "home" for him. I could be wrong, but that's my read. Yes, possibly. I'd actually like Lopez(he was just the worst D-Rays "prospect", or really non prospect I could think of). Young catcher with some pop and a cool name. But what would that roster spot lead to? Another pitcher? I could see letting Anibal get some innings out of the pen before moving to the rotation, but with Moehler throwing well and Petit already here and not getting innings, that isnt neccessary. Vargas is hurt. Jose Garcia...no need to rush his development, no matter how promising he is. The spot going to a guy like Resop or Ungs, and an extra spot on the 40 man could be very helpful I agree. Actually Sanchez maybe the guy who would take his spot...I am kinda hopin to see Harvey Garcia sooner rather than later
June 15, 200620 yr Look, I may be getting my hopes up here, but if we continue to play the way we've been playing, I think it would be absolutely foolish to trade him. I know it's all about building for the future but he could be CRUCIAL in a Wild Card race if we're still playing well around the trade deadline. Who knows what the team is capable of this year, considering how they've played the last month?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.