Wolverine

Jimmy42Jack0

Two things:

-I didn't realize that Logan had claws of bone before the Weapon X experiment. Was this ever mentioned in the comics?

-It would be nice to see other Weapon X mutants in the film, such as Lady Deathstryke and Deadpool, at least in cameos.

The bone claws thing DID take place in the comics, in the kind of recent Wolverine: Origin series where we see James Howlett (AKA: Wolverine) as a sickly child who possibly accidently killed his mother upon birth.

• 1 month later...

Apparently it is going to be Jackman for this adaptation:

All that's putting the cart before the wolverine, of course, since Hugh Jackman is set to reprise his role as the manicure-challenged mutant superhero in his own film. "Next, we're going to do 'Wolverine,' but not before the end of the year because he's in the Baz Luhrmann film," she says of the filmmaker's untitled Australian epic with Nicole Kidman. However, "We have the script and are working on it."

Source

• 2 months later...

ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! caught up with The Prestige star Hugh Jackman, who gave us an update on his upcoming "X-Men" spinoff, Wolverine.

"We've now signed off on the script. If you know about the history of 'X-Men' movies, that's a revolution for us. We're a year away from shooting the film and we have the script," Jackman said. "And, by the way, it is unbelievable. It's a David Benioff script. He's probably the hottest writer going around town, and he was beating down our door to write this movie. It was the most amazing thing. So, we have this fantastic script. I've got a couple of movies coming out in the next month, and I might be able to tell you who the director is by then. We're seriously into talking about it now."

He added that Wolverine will definitely be a prequel but will not follow the Japanese storyline that comic books have addressed.

"At present, no. That is still something we really want to do. What we need to do is establish who he is and find out how he became Wolverine," he explained.

Jackman said he is also interested in making a sequel to Wolverine. "I'm not ruling it out," he smiled.

Source

• 9 months later...

Wolverine fans have a reason to be excited, you got a great director for this movie. Gavin Hood, who made what was IMO one of the best movies of 2005 - Tsotsi. If you haven't seen it, rent it! It is great. I remember watching the extras on the DVD and thinking, man this director is good, he has a great future, wonder if he will come to Hollywood?

Now let's just hope he doesn't pull a Mathew Vaughn and pull out at the last second, leaving the project to a hack like Bret Ratner.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/movies/other/005315335.cfm