PBP: Panthers' priority shifts to Pronger

AGonzalez11

After perusing the numbers in free agency, Keenan may have decided he would rather have Pronger, who is already under contract for the next four years at $6.2 million per year.

Keenan said he spoke with Edmonton GM Kevin Lowe at the NHL entry draft last week about Pronger, and an NHL source said that has now become Florida's priority. Keenan acquired Pronger in a trade with Hartford when he was GM at St. Louis in 1995, and was in the running when the Blues put him on the market last summer.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panthers/cont...THERS_0702.html

Pronger for Bouwmeester and Horton?? :thumbdown

Keenan won't trade J-Bo or Horton, no way.

I could see a deal including Gary Roberts, Chris Gratton, and either Gelinas or Jackman. Stumpel is also a possibility, but Horton and J-Bo are off limits and there is no way Keenan will trade them.

With Jovo off the market, Keenan knows that he NEEDS to make a deal work with Edmonton.

Keenan won't trade J-Bo or Horton, no way.

I could see a deal including Gary Roberts, Chris Gratton, and either Gelinas or Jackman. Stumpel is also a possibility, but Horton and J-Bo are off limits and there is no way Keenan will trade them.

With Jovo off the market, Keenan knows that he NEEDS to make a deal work with Edmonton.

:lol

Keenan is the same guy who traded Tony Amonte, Trevor Linden, Chris Chelios, Brendan Shanahan....and now Roberto Luongo. He'll trade anyone at anytime.

If Pronger is coming our way - I guarantee you at least one of Bouwmeester or Horton is going back the other way - maybe, and unfortunatley, even both. Pronger is the best defensman in the NHL and is signed for four years at 6.25 million per year. To give you an indication of how cheap that is - average/good defensman like Pavel Kubina and Kim Johnsson signed for $5mil per year.

I agree. It will take at least Bouwmeester or Horton to get Pronger. I doubt that Keenan has offered both. If both were offered, this deal would have been done already. I'd love to get Pronger. He is one of the top players in all of hockey, but i'd hate to see J-Bo leave. Ideally, you'd want to pair the two together.

TSN is reporting that the Anaheim Ducks have traded one roster player, one non-roster player and several conditional high-end draft picks to the Oilers in exchange for Chris Pronger.

Wow. The Ducks have a one-two punch in Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger that the NHL hasn't seen since the Canadiens days of Savard, Robinson and Lapointe and this combination could be better. Anaheim has just put themselves in contention to be the favorites out of the West for the Stanley Cup in 2007. Jul. 3 - 1:53 pm et

Source: TSN.ca

Well so much for that one...

Lowe's asking price was Bouwmeester and Horton...

...thanks, but no thanks.

Glad Keenan has finally learned to keep his youth...hopefully he sticks to it.

don't understand why Lowe would ask for Bouwmeester and Horton from us then deal him to a team IN HIS OWN CONFERENCE that already has Scott Niedermayer for Lupul and Smid. Lupul is good, but not as good as Horton is. Smid too is promising but has never played an NHL game while Bouwmeester is 22 and a legit top-pairing defensman.

ah well, what can you do..