Alex Gonzalez, Play-Off MVP

Arnie1941

A-Gon gets it done defensively, one of the best (particularly in combo with Castillo.) He also has a stick that surprises. I think no one remembers that, about two years ago, he had to return home for a "domestic" problem. He has never been the same.

Apparently, he is still a super-sensitive kid (one of the reasons McKeon keeps him batting eighth.)

My point is, A-Gon could explode. So could Lee, Cabrera and others. This team has spine and guts. We are going to have heroes. Don't rule out Alex Gonzalez.

I also think Alex can bust out of it. He has been doing great the first half but then completly went down since the beggining of the second half. Alex just needs make contact with the pitcher batting behind him. We already saw a whole diffrent gonzalez with 17 homers and 75 RBI's thats very good production. Just his AVG. Is low. He has to turn it around in the playoffs.

Guest marlins02

I also think Alex can bust out of it. He has been doing great the first half but then completly went down since the beggining of the second half. Alex just needs make contact with the pitcher batting behind him. We already saw a whole diffrent gonzalez with 17 homers and 75 RBI's thats very good production. Just his AVG. Is low. He has to turn it around in the playoffs.

he has kinda turned it around in my opinion. he hasnt busted out but it seems like he's always getting a hit when needed lately. hopefully in the playoffs he'll bust out like he did in the 1st half. that 10 pitch at bat that he turned into a double is an example

AGon was batting .340 not too long ago, so I think we all know he has the skill to do it...It's just a matter of confidence right now. He had a good night last night, especially the AB Where he got a double after fouling off 6 pitches. If Alex could regain his confidence these last three games(Last night was a good starting point), you guys could be right.

that was an absolutely sweet at-bat by Alex. not to mention he should've had another RBI on the Encarnacion play at the plate. I feel for Alex, in that 8th spot in the order I think you're really forced to widen your strike zone and try to hit a lot of bad pitches since he's got the pitcher up next. Even with the recent struggles this is by far his best season. There will certainly be some big moments ahead of him. I won't go so far as to say he's a possible playoff MVP type guy though. But hey, stranger things have happened.