Randy Moss wanted to be a Falcon.....

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Raiders star Randy Moss said when he left the Vikings he wanted to be traded to Atlanta or Baltimore instead of Oakland. Moss said Falcons owner Arthur Blank told him that Atlanta did not want him to come, according to the interview that aired yesterday morning on "Mayhem in the A.M." on 790 The Zone in Atlanta.

"I want to tell every Atlanta Falcon and football fan thats listening to this what happened. When I was getting traded from Minnesota I wanted to come and play for either the Atlanta Falcons or the Baltimore Ravens," Moss said.

"I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick's allusiveness and I wanted to play with a guy such as Ray Lewis because he's on defense and I'm on offense."

"So I did have dreams and high hopes of being traded to the Atlanta Falcons but the president and owner of the Atlanta Falcons (Arthur Blank) told me specifically that he does not want me in Atlanta, there's nothing that I can do to Atlanta and he wished me the best of luck. He did not think that Randy Moss would be a good fit in Atlanta."

Moss then wrapped up his comments on the situation in Atlanta: "Basically it was the president and owner of the team saying there is no cold chance in hell i'll be playing for the Atlanta Falcons. So i took the Atlanta Falcons off my list and tried to go elsewhere."

Developing...

Source is 790 The Zone in Atlanta.....

Atlanta didn't want him for the simple fact that he would expose Mike Vick's below average passing ability.

Moss would go there and go from greatness to average #'s at best, just because Vick is ineffective.

Atlanta cant have their superstar exposed, even though Schaub's game against New England last season should of done that...after that game, Schaub should of been put under center permanently.

Well Vick's problem isn't the deep ball - he throws with good enough accuracy on deep routes and he's got one of the stronger arms in the league.

His problem is accuracy on short to intermediate range passes, which absolutely kills the Falcons because they moronically insist on running an offense based on short to intermediate range passes that require the QB to be accurate.

Moss would have been a great WR for Vick to have, because he could have just heaved the ball up and let Randy go and get it. Combine the effects of having a Randy Moss on the outside (and as a result not having teams put 8 men in the box) with the Falcons solid running game (from both Dunn/Duckett and Vick) and the offense would have much improved.

Well Vick's problem isn't the deep ball - he throws with good enough accuracy on deep routes.

His problem is accuracy on short to intermediate range passes, which absolutely kills the Falcons because they moronically insist on running an offense based on short passes that require the QB to be accurate.

Moss would have been a great WR for Vick to have, because he could have just heaved the ball up and let Randy go and get it.

Good analysis.

You're probably correct. I can't remember ever seeing Vick throw a deep pass. All I can recall are slants and screens and horrible passes following both. I just assumed he was incapable of the deep ball, because he's so bad from the 10-25 yard range.