Tours coming down south

Modest Mouse announced a new tour & predictably the farthest south they're coming is Atlanta. :banghead

Modest Mouse was down here for the Bang Festival...it was like their first show in who knows how long, so it's not surprising they're not coming back. We're kind of out of the way.

Also, they got really screwed at the Bang Festival thanks to technical difficulties in the set preceding theirs, and they barely got to play at all, so it probably wasn't a very pleasant experience for them.

Modest Mouse announced a new tour & predictably the farthest south they're coming is Atlanta. :banghead

Same with the Arcade Fire. When do they make their way to Atlanta? I'm gonna see if I can knock em both out in one weekend if the timing works out.

Modest Mouse:

05-05 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade Music Park.

Maybe I can sneak up there, I'm loving the Johnny Marr guitar. Brings back some Smiths memories. :)

Same with the Arcade Fire. When do they make their way to Atlanta? I'm gonna see if I can knock em both out in one weekend if the timing works out.

Modest Mouse:

05-05 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade Music Park.

Maybe I can sneak up there, I'm loving the Johnny Marr guitar. Brings back some Smiths memories. :)

WOW. The Arcade Fire show is on May 1st. I'm thinking about just making it a weeklong thing, if I can afford it. But I just bought my Arcade Fire tickets, so I'm definetly going up there for that one, at the very least. I can't wait.

What are some good arcade fire songs? Some people were telling me about them and they said that they were very good.

They are, quite simply, the best thing going right now (IMO, of course). I suggest their entire first album, as their's not a bad song on their, but if you want to check them out first look at "No Cars Go", "Neighborhood #1- Tunnels" and "Neighborhood #3- Power Out". But I'd really suggest just downloading Funeral. In my opinion, it's the greatest debut album of all time.

My favorite songs off of Funeral are Rebellion (Lies), Neighborhood #3 (Power Out), Wake Up, and The Backseat. I've listened to the new one 2 or 3 times, but I haven't had a chance to fully digest it. I would also recommend No Cars Go, but make sure to get the one off the new album, since they've released like 4 different versions of that song.

They put on a hell of a live show with tons of energy, which I recommend even if you don't love their music. Their set at Coachella in 2005 is definitely in my Top 5.

Thanks, I am going to listen to those songs today, I'll let you know how it goes.

Billboard.com reports that LAMB OF GOD, HATEBREED and LORDI are among the first acts to be revealed for the 2007 Ozzfest tour. LAMB OF GOD and LORDI will perform on the main stage with headliner OZZY OSBOURNE, while HATEBREED will headline the second stage, supported by MONDO GENERATOR, ANKLA, CIRCUS DIABLO, NILE and THE SHOWDOWN. The 24-city tour begins July 12 in Seattle. The rest of the line up will be released this weekend.

Also, I read on different sites that ticket and band info for Ozzfest and Family Values will be released this weekend. I'll post it as soon as I find it.

Anyone intersted in rage against the machine in NY, that info will be released march 26th.

They put on a hell of a live show with tons of energy, which I recommend even if you don't love their music. Their set at Coachella in 2005 is definitely in my Top 5.

I absolutely can't afford (well, I can, but from a practical view, I can't) to do it, but I bought 2 tickets for their Atlanta show. I'll be making the road trip up there.

I'm starting to spend way too much money on travelling for live shows (Jeff Tweedy in Chicago on MArch 6, The Decemberists in Orlando on April 8, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah in Orlando on April 21st, Arcade Fire on May 1st, and then I'm going to Bonnaroo in June), but the way I see it, I want to be a music writer, so I figure I should make it to as many shows as I can, and hopefully when I get a job writing for a newspaper or magazine, they'll start paying for it.

Clap Your Hands are coming down here, aren't they?

Orlando's not too bad, though...I'd drive there if there were someone I really wanted to see.

Yeah, but I bought tickets for the My Chemical Romance show the same night before I knew that CYHSY was coming, so I figured I'd just do them both.

Thanks, I am going to listen to those songs today, I'll let you know how it goes.

Billboard.com reports that LAMB OF GOD, HATEBREED and LORDI are among the first acts to be revealed for the 2007 Ozzfest tour. LAMB OF GOD and LORDI will perform on the main stage with headliner OZZY OSBOURNE, while HATEBREED will headline the second stage, supported by MONDO GENERATOR, ANKLA, CIRCUS DIABLO, NILE and THE SHOWDOWN. The 24-city tour begins July 12 in Seattle. The rest of the line up will be released this weekend.

Also, I read on different sites that ticket and band info for Ozzfest and Family Values will be released this weekend. I'll post it as soon as I find it.

Anyone intersted in rage against the machine in NY, that info will be released march 26th.

Sweet dude! I went to Ozzfest last year, wanted to see Hatebreed and they didnt show up dammit! I'll be looking out but keep me posted on both OzzFest and Rage

WOW. The Arcade Fire show is on May 1st. I'm thinking about just making it a weeklong thing, if I can afford it. But I just bought my Arcade Fire tickets, so I'm definetly going up there for that one, at the very least. I can't wait.

Whoa, Arcade Fire on my birthday, what could be better than that? :thumbup

Whoa, Arcade Fire on my birthday, what could be better than that? :thumbup

http://www.arcadefire.net/

They've cancelled their European tour and I guess there's a pretty good chance they'll postpone a good portion of the American tour since Win has to have sinus surgery. It's not a huge deal, and he should be healed up in a month and be good to go. Hopefully, anyways.

The good news about this is the lead singer of Wilco, Jeff Tweedy, had the same surgery a couple of years ago and his voice has gotten much better since then, so hopefully Win will see some similar positives come from this. I'm pulling for him, it sucks for this to happen in the middle of them really taking off.

For anyone intersted in the Rock the Bells show in NY with Rage against the Machine tickets are $82 (wow) and go on sale saturday march 31. Presale info will be mailed if you sign up on rock the bells website. I'll post it when I recieve it.

Here is the official lineup

Rage Against The Machine, The Wu-Tang Clan, Nas*, Cypress Hill, The Roots, Mos Def, EPMD, MF Doom*, Pharoahe Monch, FELT *, Sage Francis, Hieroglyphics*, Immortal Technique, Living Legends*, Blackalicious*, The Coup*, Murs*, Jedi Mind Tricks, Brother Ali*, Cage*, Mr. Lif*, Grouch & Eligh*, Hangar 18*, Blueprint* and Lucky I AM*, plus very special guests Public Enemy who celebrate their monumental 20-year anniversary.

I guess I'll be paying 82 dollars for rage and hopefully missing the rest of the bands, maybe I will check out cypress hill.

For anyone intersted in the Rock the Bells show in NY with Rage against the Machine tickets are $82 (wow) and go on sale saturday march 31. Presale info will be mailed if you sign up on rock the bells website. I'll post it when I recieve it.

Here is the official lineup

Rage Against The Machine, The Wu-Tang Clan, Nas*, Cypress Hill, The Roots, Mos Def, EPMD, MF Doom*, Pharoahe Monch, FELT *, Sage Francis, Hieroglyphics*, Immortal Technique, Living Legends*, Blackalicious*, The Coup*, Murs*, Jedi Mind Tricks, Brother Ali*, Cage*, Mr. Lif*, Grouch & Eligh*, Hangar 18*, Blueprint* and Lucky I AM*, plus very special guests Public Enemy who celebrate their monumental 20-year anniversary.

I guess I'll be paying 82 dollars for rage and hopefully missing the rest of the bands, maybe I will check out cypress hill.

Yea I got that email... Pretty pricey dude! Im in the same boat as you, 82+ dollars to see Rage and Rage only.. :lol I'll post the presale stuff as well if you havent...

I dont know if this was reported already...

Rush June 15 - West Palm Beach, FL at Sound Advice Amphitheater

Also at 9pm today on virtualkorn.com (or something like that) they are announcing Family Values bands and dates.

Korn

Evanesence

Atreyu

Hellyeah

Aiden

Are the bands that are basically confirmed.

Killswitch engage, sevendust and others are being rumored. I'll post the official news later tonight. Lawn tickets will again cost $9.99, so basically anyone that supports Korn that I like is just a plus. Ozzfest and Family values for a total of $9.99 sounds good to me.