July 22, 200620 yr Incentive for Borowski: In his next outing, closer Joe Borowski will be appearing in his 40th game, meaning he will trigger a $200,000 incentive clause in his one-year contract. One of the Marlins' biggest bargains, the veteran Borowski signed for the league minimum of $327,000. He's already collected $323,000 worth of bonuses. If he maximizes all his incentives, he will make as much as $1.05 million. Borowski has been steady in the closer role, collecting 19 saves in 21 opportunities. He's logged 38 innings, and has a 3.55 ERA. So what do you say fellas? Worth the cash or trade him?
July 22, 200620 yr If we can't get back good value for him then I say keep him. If we can package him with some minor league pitching prospect(s) for a good MLB-ready or near-ready OF prospect, trade him. Either way, he has been a godsend this season.
July 22, 200620 yr I just hope Tank or Messenger can step up and get the job done if/when JoBo is traded. I don't think Logan "Rainman" Kensing has what it takes to be a closer.
July 22, 200620 yr I just hope Tank or Messenger can step up and get the job done if/when JoBo is traded. I don't think Logan "Rainman" Kensing has what it takes to be a closer. No way Kensing should be made a closer. Tank should get the 1st opportunity- he has been solid all year in 2 leagues.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.