Batman: The Animated Series

Rune

So who else loved the Batman cartoons, that were put out in the early to mid 90's. I loved them as a kid, and just started watching them again on Boomerrang. They still hold up, even after childhood. They put to shame the original movies, and were able to finely balance, a relatively dark hero, with an essentially children's audience.

Going to the Batman thread in movies, I always loved the way they portrayed the Penguin in the Cartoon's as opposed to Batman 2, and would probably be my favorite villain, from the show.

Btw, does anyone know if they ever put these out on DVD?

So who else loved the Batman cartoons, that were put out in the early to mid 90's. I loved them as a kid, and just started watching them again on Boomerrang. They still hold up, even after childhood. They put to shame the original movies, and were able to finely balance, a relatively dark hero, with an essentially children's audience.

Going to the Batman thread in movies, I always loved the way they portrayed the Penguin in the Cartoon's as opposed to Batman 2, and would probably be my favorite villain, from the show.

Btw, does anyone know if they ever put these out on DVD?

The entire series is out on DVD. I own the first season with plans on getting the later ones. Great series and, yes, an uncharacteristically dark take on children's television. Paul Dini, one of the writer's and producer of the show, has now taken over the Detective Comics writing chores and I can't wait to see what he does with the character in the comics.

My favorite villain/character on the show: The Riddler.

*waits for someone to move this to the tv forum so it doesn't "get in the way" :blink: *

Guest Fritz

Batman: TAS is/was a great show. I recently watched Batman: Mask of the Phantasm on VHS and was astonished with how damn good that movie was. By far the best Batman movie until Batman Begins came out. If ever get some spare money, I definitely need to pick up the DVDs because the show was just great.

My favorite villains were Clayface and Scarecrow.

There's an episode about the Gray Ghost, an old mystery tv show in Gotham, and how he was kind of a guy for Batman to look up to. Adam West stars as the Gray Ghost and in a way the character/portrayal kind of resembled Adam West after Batman.

Anyways, the story is awesome but the score is just one of the best I've heard on tv (the whole series had a great score, partly using Elfman's movie score and then contributions from others).

*waits for someone to move this to the tv forum so it doesn't "get in the way" :blink: *

:hat

I remember being very impressed with this show when it came out. Very innovative in terms of drawing style, storytelling and scoring. A fine example of Animation done right.