Peter Gammons attends Sox/Yankees game

Skully

Looks like he's recovering well... And nice to see the Sox faithful give him a nice ovation too.... I hope he rejoins the ESPN staff very soon.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2554773

BOSTON -- ESPN baseball analyst Peter Gammons was at Fenway Park on Saturday, his first visit to a major league stadium since his brain aneurysm in June.

Gammons visited both clubhouses before the game between the Yankees and Boston Red Sox. The 61-year-old former newspaperman was speaking with New York manager Joe Torre in the visitors' clubhouse when hitting coach Don Mattingly came up to say hello.

Gammons and his wife, Gloria, watched the game from owner John Henry's box. A note welcoming him to the game was posted on the scoreboard during the sixth inning, drawing an ovation, while a recording of Gammons singing the Chuck Berry song "Carol" was played over the loudspeaker.

Gammons was stricken June 27 near his Cape Cod home and was airlifted to a Boston hospital. He was released from the hospital July 17.

A Boston native who grew up in nearby Groton, Gammons worked for The Boston Globe and Sports Illustrated before joining ESPN full time in 1990. At the Globe in the 1970s, Gammons popularized the baseball notes columns that have become staples in Sunday newspapers. He is in the writers' wing of the baseball Hall of Fame.

In July, he released a CD of original and cover songs, "Never Slow Down, Never Grow Old," with the proceeds dedicated to a foundation established by Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Why she aint bad looking :D

didn't something like this happen before this year a woman medical trainer or something i don't remember.

ahh yes, when Keith Hernandez said "Now I'm not saying women belong in the kitchen, but they dont belong in the dugout", then apologized by saying "You know I am only teasing. I love you gals out there -- always have." :lol