Nick Markakis is pretty good

Hanleylicious

Very rarely do they raise a player that is consistently good.

I'm skeptical about Brian Roberts. Steroids anyone?

I agree with a lot of the things you say but this is just plain wrong.

does he look bigger to you? NO. The guy is 5' 9" and weighs 175 lbs. Has he just developed into a solid major leaguer since 2003? Yes he has. You can't jump to conclusions like that. He suffered a horrible injury last year and now the power is coming back i think he's hit 4-5 home runs in his last 10 games. He's also done well ever since last year when he got these Nike contacts. He was already a solid .270 hitter at the time. Plus he started hitting well at age 28, which is when most players are in their prime.

He's awesome he's answered a lot of questions this year about him his RBI total has gone up and so has his XBH and HR totals.

The guy's going to be good plus only 1 error all year.

ROY is a closer race than most think.

Very rarely do they raise a player that is consistently good.

I'm skeptical about Brian Roberts. Steroids anyone?

I agree with a lot of the things you say but this is just plain wrong.

does he look bigger to you? NO. The guy is 5' 9" and weighs 175 lbs. Has he just developed into a solid major leaguer since 2003? Yes he has. You can't jump to conclusions like that. He suffered a horrible injury last year and now the power is coming back i think he's hit 4-5 home runs in his last 10 games. He's also done well ever since last year when he got these Nike contacts. He was already a solid .270 hitter at the time. Plus he started hitting well at age 28, which is when most players are in their prime.

He's awesome he's answered a lot of questions this year about him his RBI total has gone up and so has his XBH and HR totals.

The guy's going to be good plus only 1 error all year.

ROY is a closer race than most think.

:blink: :blink: Markakis doesnt have a prayer at winning the ROY.... He could hit 10 hrs in 3 days and wont win

More like three weeks.

24 days, but whatever.

I lol at him getting accused of 'roid use when he had one hot month of 8 home runs (gasp!) in April and then went on to hit 2 in May, 3 in June, 3 in July, 2 in August, and 0 in September. What a juicer!

You hate the Orioles so I'm not suprised you would spew baseless and ridiculous crap like this but to each his own and I'm well past my quota of Tar Heel defending for the day.

More like three weeks.

24 days, but whatever.

I lol at him getting accused of 'roid use when he had one hot month of 8 home runs (gasp!) in April and then went on to hit 2 in May, 3 in June, 3 in July, 2 in August, and 0 in September. What a juicer!

You hate the Orioles so I'm not suprised you would spew baseless and ridiculous crap like this but to each his own and I'm well past my quota of Tar Heel defending for the day.

hes also a Gamecock, so dont feel so dirty about standing up for the guy

accusing him of roids is a joke. maybe hes only hit 7 home runs because he broke his arm last year and got hurt this year?

Nick the Greek jumped from Class-A to the majors in one season if I'm not mistaken which is pretty damn impressive

He played 30+ games at AA Bowie and he dominated there too but yeah, big jump.

I believe the package was Julio, Bigbie, and Penn for Burnett. I think that the O's actually turned THEM down because they didn't want to deal Penn.

accusing him of roids is a joke. maybe hes only hit 7 home runs because he broke his arm last year and got hurt this year?

Thank you for making that clear to everyone my thoughts exactly. Brian is a good guy and yeah, you can say that about a few juicers, but when you hit 28 you hit your prime, and Brob has those contacts he's hit good ever since.

The guy has stolen 32 bases this year Gibbons has always had a reputation as a weightlifter, which can damage if you do too much. Gabe Kapler is also a weight lifter and he gets hurt nearly as much.

The most hrs he's hit in a month is 7 last april. What's the big deal? He's never been a power hitter and he's finally got full strength back in his left arm and look, he's going deep with a little more frequency just like last year.

Oh yeah Gibbons hurt himself crashing into a wall in anaheim. Anybody can get hurt for an extended amount of time if that happens.