Spider Man 4

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

"There will be many more Spider-Man films to come," Marvel Studios' Producer Kevin Feige told MTV. "We already have stacks of ideas for the next one because of the wealth of stories in the comics. We could be making Spider-Man movies for the next 20 years, based on the 50 years of Spider-Man history we have."

In July, Tobey Maguire gave comic book fanboys a conniption when he told USA Today that he didn't believe a Spider-Man 4 was in the cards.

"We've done an amazing job at keeping things fresh," Maguire told USA Today. "But, it's hard to imagine continuously coming up with stories that deserve to be told. I'm not sure if there are more stories for this character that are interesting enough to be excited about doing more."

Feige can't guarantee that Maguire would return for a fourth film.

"When you're concentrating on one movie at a time, there's a beginning and a middle and an end to that process," Feige reasoned. "We've been topping each one as they go, [and if that happens again], that's the time for those discussions."

It's good to hear from a Marvel representative that the company is commited to making more Spider-Man movies (as long as there is a market for them) with or without Maguire.

And as for the market, Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2 are two of the top 20 biggest grossing films of all time Worldwide (Top 10 domestically).

Source

Here are (theoretically) the other remaining quality villains that haven't been used yet, if we are to assume that Spider-Man 3 has at least Venom, Sandman, and Green Goblin II:

-Kraven the Hunter

-Mysterio

-The Lizard (even though Dr. Curt Connors has been in all the films)

-Scorpion

-The Rhino (probably as a brief cameo)

-Carnage (would be good for a #4 film)

-Vulture (my least favorite)

-Electro

-Shocker (too similar to Electro)

-Hydro-Man

-Chamelion

With Venom established in #3, it would be nice to see a "Maximum Carnage"-type storyline for the fourth film, with Venom forced to ally with his arch-nemesis Spider-Man to destroy his greatest foe of all, Carnage.

Ugh, the first two were utter tosh and I'll probably get suckered into seeing the third, but now they're making a fourth one? Damn, they are milking this franchise. Maybe they'll hire someone that can actually write and act for the fourth one.

Ugh, the first two were utter tosh and I'll probably get suckered into seeing the third, but now they're making a fourth one? Damn, they are milking this franchise. Maybe they'll hire someone that can actually write and act for the fourth one.

Michael Chabon helped write the second one and I thought it was great. His wasn't the final version of the script, but it definitely had something more to it, particularly at the end.