August 27, 200620 yr Just a weird thought I had some time back - if we are playing a game where both starting pitchers are lefties(ours and theirs), and as earlier in the season, this means that Treanor is catching, why not have Olivo start at first base? He's played the position a few innings at different spots during the season, and vs lefties I imagine he's better offensive option than Jacobs or Helms. Although I do realize that sometimes in these situations what they want is to give Olivo a rest, I'm still only talking about the rare Lefty vs Lefty situation to start. You could always sub him out once the opposing starter has been pulled from the game.
August 27, 200620 yr Author What I'm saying is that if Treanor is going to catch cause it's D-Train or Olsen that day, and we are facing a lefty, then start Olivo at First Base, since niether Jacobs nor Helms do better vs Lefties.
August 27, 200620 yr that's not a bad idea. maybe olivo should take some groundballs at first. i know borchard did.
August 27, 200620 yr Maybe I was dreaming but didnt Jake hit a bomb off a leftie yesterday? Jake needs to be in there every game against lefties. How is he going to get better at hitting off them if he never faces them? Unless you only see Jacobs as a part time player against right handers.
August 27, 200620 yr Maybe I was dreaming but didnt Jake hit a bomb off a leftie yesterday? Jake needs to be in there every game against lefties. How is he going to get better at hitting off them if he never faces them? Unless you only see Jacobs as a part time player against right handers. Yeah he did and today he had the winning RBI on a lefty
August 27, 200620 yr if Treanor is catching, id prefer to see Olivo over Helms but i like Jacobs over both of them, he needs to start at 1B no matter who were facing
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.