Everything posted by Fiasco518
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
Those signs are terrible lol. They should have brought the sign guy I always see on tv at the games.
-
Four added to 40-man
Is pretty much all hope lost for Skipworth becoming anything?
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
Dude, are you serious with this post? So, facts disturb you? No, was just curious why you felt the need to be a dick about it. Its the internet, little guy, no reason you cant post without the attitude and tantrums.
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
How did they get so far in debt? They didn't take on that much in salary last year. Jose made 10 Mil, Buerhle [sic] the same Ah, Mutts fans, ain't they great? Can't even get basic facts straight. Buehrle only made 6 mill last year, not 10. You wanna talk about debt? Let's talk about Fred Wilpon. And his buddy Bernie Madoff. The Mutts lost 70 mill last year. They settled with the Madoff trustee in the matter of the 162 million they received in fictitious profits over 6 years from Madoff by giving up claims to other fictitious profits in other of their own Madoff accounts. http://espn.go.com/n...tee-162-million Loria can't hold even the tiniest candle to Wilpon when it comes to being a fraudulent scumbag. Here's an idea. Don't lecture anyone about losses, debt or being a scumbag until the Mutts get a new owner. Dude, are you serious with this post? He didnt lecture anyone or say anything negative about anyone or anything. When ever i come on this site you always have an unnecessary attitude when responding to people. Why are you so mad at the world?
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
Wtf happened to the whole "we wanted him so bad we went to him at 12:01. 12:01!" bulls***? They were close to making f***ing 12:01! t-shirts. Then they do this sh*t. Loria has made it impossible for any Marlin fan to not be scared of November. Loria can go f*** himself, im done with him. MLB needs to step in, he should not have been allowed to do this. Im not waisting another dime on the Marlins anything while he is still around sitting back laughing at us all counting his money. The Marlins brought me into baseball and now theyre trying to push me out. Hell, my football and basketball teams are Atlanta and I live in NY, it would be a lot easier that way...
-
Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto
The reason Stanton will remain untouchable is that we can now afford to sign him long-term. Which will happen in due time. Had any owner prior to Loria managed to get a stadium built Cabrera would still be here. They didn't. So it goes. I hope you get over your blind Loria-hate. Why would Stanton want to sign here? He's on twitter for the world to see saying how he's pissed, obviously about this trade. If hwe had intentions of sticking around Miami when they offer he would keep his mouth shut about the situation right now, one would think. When his time comes, Stanton is going back home west. It is known.
-
What should the Marlins do with Josh Johnson?
If he has an awesome September, maybe we can get a decent package for him. If not, hope he has a good first half and make a trade at the deadline.
-
Stanton named NL Player of the Week
There are 4 cornerstones to this franchise as we speak...Reyes, Buerhle, JJ and, the most important of all, Stanton...lets hope we can soon add Turner, Eovaldi, Fernandez, and Yelich to that list... I'm not really sure Eovaldi can realistically be considered a future cornerstone. The guy will probably be a decent reliever. Johnson is probably gone after next season, if not sooner. To write off any prospect/young player as a reliever or bench player when he was just traded for a former all star is moronic. I dont get this. Are you saying that since he was traded for Hanley theres extra value to him or something? Wasnt the Hanley trade mainly just to get rid of that contract?
-
Hanley not so nice about Marlins in OC Register article
Nothing wrong with what he said. He likes the Dodgers stadium better than Miami, so what.
-
3rd place finish in sights
I would much rather have a better draft pick than finish in 3rd. Finishing in 3rd does absolutely nothing for us.
- If You Were The FO, What Changes Would You Make In The Offseason? Who
-
Carlos Lee Has Spoken To Marlins About 2013 Return
We need to sign a decent vet for a year for LF and a legit CF between BJ Melky Or Bourn. Only way I want Kearns and Petey in LF is if they both get to play at the same time in the field and both get to hit.
-
Hanley, Choate to LA for Eovaldi, McGough
How do you guys take that quote? @joecapMARLINS: Hanley Ramirez yesterday to #Dodgers reporters asking about his return Friday to #Marlins Park: "I don't got nothing about Miami.'' "It's a new page now," Ramirez said. "I don't got nothing about Miami, guys." Meaning hes got nothing to say to the reporters at his locker about the Marlins. He hasnt really answered questions about the Marlins since being traded. "They are always going to be a part of my family," he said. "That's where I spent the last seven years. Hopefully I've got more than that in the big leagues. For now, I turn the page and move forward with this team."
- If You Were The FO, What Changes Would You Make In The Offseason? Who
-
Carlos Lee acquired, Sanchez optioned
If he gets claimed does he have to approve anything or is he just gone? Like if we were like just take him we dont want anything.
-
Is Ruggiano hurt?
Yeah, I saw on twitter he said he had back spasms
- Stanton Due Back Tuesday!
-
8/1 - Marlins at Braves
What's the lowest batting average ever for a regular over an entire season? Per wikipedia: The modern-era record for lowest batting average for a player that qualified for the batting title is held by Rob Deer, who hit .179 in 1991. While finishing six plate appearances short of qualifying for the batting title, Adam Dunn of the Chicago White Sox hit .159 for the 2011 season, twenty points (and 11.2%) lower than the record. Buck could be well on his way to history this season. I hope Buck gets this. I want it on record how much he sucks so he can remember it forever.
-
560 WQAM
The people who cry fire sale and are pissed off and cant understand these trades were never really real fans to begin with. It was cool to be a Marlins fan in the offseason and they started claiming it and buying the hats and acting like they had knowledge of the team. Then we started sucking and they were looking for a reason to dump the team and this is their out. I wish they would become Yankee fans. This isn't fair at all. The marlins added stars to the team. There were real expectations from new fans, casuals, and diehards. A little over half way they have traded Hanley who's been around for a long time. Same with Anibal. Infante was one of those casual fan favorites. Then casuals and new fans hear they are trying to trade away more players. What do you expect them to think? Aldo this whole diehards vs new and casuals is dumb. As a diehard you should be happy new fans have sprung up. Bandwagon or not you should want more fans for your team. I do want more fans for the team, I have no problem with them, but I do want them to actually be fans of the team and not just because its the cool thing to do. Id like them to actually educate themselves about the trades and realize why they happened and that they were made to improve our team and not just scream fire sale. They need to realize that we arent and never will be like the Yankees and dont just keep throwing money around and trade away our farm when things dont go well.How do you think good fans are made? They start because its cool to be a fan. Then they get into it and learn. Its a process. Some people that became fans this season will stick. Most wont. Its a process. Its been a long time since the team has been competitive. At this point I think people can be frustrated and pissed. The amount of failed prospects, failed contracts....its not good. A new perspective in the fo is needed. Its never really been cool to be a Marlins fan until this past off season lol. I would hope people become fans because they actually like baseball. I imagine thats how most Marlins fans before this season became fans. Its just annoying that the new ones who are abandoning the team already dont even realize why these moves happened, they just think theyre doing the same thing as the other 2 times. Be frustrated, be pissed all you want, but be pissed that we suck not because we traded some players and made moves that were needed. I dunno thats just my opinion, obviously ours differ. I do agree that a change in the FO is def needed though.
-
560 WQAM
The people who cry fire sale and are pissed off and cant understand these trades were never really real fans to begin with. It was cool to be a Marlins fan in the offseason and they started claiming it and buying the hats and acting like they had knowledge of the team. Then we started sucking and they were looking for a reason to dump the team and this is their out. I wish they would become Yankee fans. This isn't fair at all. The marlins added stars to the team. There were real expectations from new fans, casuals, and diehards. A little over half way they have traded Hanley who's been around for a long time. Same with Anibal. Infante was one of those casual fan favorites. Then casuals and new fans hear they are trying to trade away more players. What do you expect them to think? Aldo this whole diehards vs new and casuals is dumb. As a diehard you should be happy new fans have sprung up. Bandwagon or not you should want more fans for your team. I do want more fans for the team, I have no problem with them, but I do want them to actually be fans of the team and not just because its the cool thing to do. Id like them to actually educate themselves about the trades and realize why they happened and that they were made to improve our team and not just scream fire sale. They need to realize that we arent and never will be like the Yankees and dont just keep throwing money around and trade away our farm when things dont go well.
-
Things that I would like to see the rest of this season
Theres no need to rush Turner or Yelich or any of the young guys really. We're not going anywhere this season so theres no urgency for them to get here. I feel like Detroit has a tendency to rush prospects and I dont want Turner to be a product of that. The Marlins are pretty good with deciding when guys should move up so I trust their judgement. And Yelich is older than Harper.
-
560 WQAM
The people who cry fire sale and are pissed off and cant understand these trades were never really real fans to begin with. It was cool to be a Marlins fan in the offseason and they started claiming it and buying the hats and acting like they had knowledge of the team. Then we started sucking and they were looking for a reason to dump the team and this is their out. I wish they would become Yankee fans.
-
Gaby Sanchez to Pirates for Gorkys Hernandez
so gorkys is gettin hanleys old number huh
-
Edward Mujica to St. Louis for Zack Cox
Heath Bell and Hanley both have twitter and they never post anything on it and they still suck. I dont think twitter has anything to do with it unless LoMo is on his phone in the outfield tweeting. Athletes have lives outside of sports, which is their job. As long as theyre not doing anything to injure themselves or something the team has told them not to do or along those lines I dont think its anyones business. Saying it out loud or on twitter makes no difference. Hes not doing bad because of twitter. And hes 24, hes gonna say dumb stuff.
-
Beinfest Trade Analysis
Jayson Stark of ESPN.com likes what both L.A. teams did, but he's not impressed by the moves the Marlins and Phillies made. Stark groups the Cubs with Miami and Philadelphia in his 'losers' division.