What should the Marlins do with Josh Johnson?

Erick

I think it is going to be extremely difficult to compete in 2013.

Because of this, I think trading him and getting pieces for the immediate future is best for the team. I think his value will increase in the offseason, especially if he has a nice September. The free agent class of SP's this offseason is pretty weak.

Because of this, I think trading him and getting pieces for the immediate future is best for the team. I think his value will increase in the offseason, especially if he has a nice September. The free agent class of SP's this offseason is pretty weak.

I think it's possible for 2013. This team has some serious strengths and serious holes. Lots of holes, but if you can fill them with average players you could have a team that could be WC contenders. As long as the right moves are made all around, of course.

I voted for trade him in the off season. The ideal scenario would be to revisit trade talks with Texas again about Olt.

If we're not satisfied with the offers during the off season, hold him until the trade deadline and see where we are at. If we're in a winning position, keep him. If not, trade him.

With our rotation we can't trade him now. But he needs to get his sh*t back or else he's gone.

Fastball just isn't there. He throws 92-93 but for him it's a slow 93 that doesn't have life. Comes out weak.

In June he was back up to 94-96 but now he barely hits 93. Gets knocked around in ways he never would before.

He was throwing 95-96 last time out...

With our rotation we can't trade him now. But he needs to get his sh*t back or else he's gone.

Fastball just isn't there. He throws 92-93 but for him it's a slow 93 that doesn't have life. Comes out weak.

In June he was back up to 94-96 but now he barely hits 93. Gets knocked around in ways he never would before.

I'm not sure how you can say that when he averaged 93.45 and maxed out at 94.9.

It takes some skill to be wrong that many posts in a row :lol

If Loria is still our owner, then yes. If he sells to a dedicated person who is willing to compete, we can do what the Dodgers have done and go from crap to contenders. Keep JJ, sign Shields/Greinke along with some bats and make some trades. Our prospects suck and the farm is depleted.

Imagine the Markins had been buyers this year and landed Adrian Gonzalez, Greinke, Victorino and maybe even Hunter Pence. Might we not be in contention for the wild card right now?

If Loria is still our owner, then yes. If he sells to a dedicated person who is willing to compete, we can do what the Dodgers have done and go from crap to contenders. Keep JJ, sign Shields/Greinke along with some bats and make some trades. Our prospects suck and the farm is depleted.

Imagine the Markins had been buyers this year and landed Adrian Gonzalez, Greinke, Victorino and maybe even Hunter Pence. Might we not be in contention for the wild card right now?

You are not smart.

Yelich, Fernandez, Turner, Brantly, Conley, Heaney, Ozuna... they all suck!!!!!! But apparently they are good enough to land Adrian Gonzalez, Greinke, Victorino and Pence!

Was going for the readings on TV...he maxed out at 96 last time out...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.