8/1 - Marlins at Braves

Guest Guest

What's the lowest batting average ever for a regular over an entire season?

Per wikipedia:

The modern-era record for lowest batting average for a player that qualified for the batting title is held by Rob Deer, who hit .179 in 1991. While finishing six plate appearances short of qualifying for the batting title, Adam Dunn of the Chicago White Sox hit .159 for the 2011 season, twenty points (and 11.2%) lower than the record.

Buck could be well on his way to history this season.

LeBlanc fields his position well apparently.

yahoo

Ray Oyler, who hit .135 in 247 plate appearances for the 1968 Detroit Tigers.

EDIT: But he didn't qualify for the batting title, so I don't think it counts.

Per wikipedia:

The modern-era record for lowest batting average for a player that qualified for the batting title is held by Rob Deer, who hit .179 in 1991. While finishing six plate appearances short of qualifying for the batting title, Adam Dunn of the Chicago White Sox hit .159 for the 2011 season, twenty points (and 11.2%) lower than the record.

Per wikipedia:

I hope Buck gets this. I want it on record how much he sucks so he can remember it forever.