Cabrera getting some MVP love

rferry

good for cabs...he is proving the naysayers about him wrong(and not just with his bat, as the ability there was quite obvious)...what scary is that i dont think he has even started yet...and with a few years being protected by jacobs, willingham, hermida, and han ram...he is goin to put up manny like numbers for years and years

Guest FlummoxedLummox

As nice as that article is, anyone who reads BP.com doesn't need to be told about Miguel Cabrera. It would be nice if a more widely read newssource were to give Miggy some credit.

Should have gotten MVP consideration last year too, and probably would have been talked about more if the team hadn't gone in the tank. Plus he and Delgado split the Marlin votes.

It'd be awesome if Cabs got MVP chants every time he batted.

Umm, I'm pretty sure Cabs was like 3rd or 4th in MVP voting last year.

People that read BP don't need to be told about Cabrera's ability, they're the hardcore of hardcore fans.

Should have gotten MVP consideration last year too, and probably would have been talked about more if the team hadn't gone in the tank. Plus he and Delgado split the Marlin votes.

People that read BP don't need to be told about Cabrera's ability, they're the hardcore of hardcore fans.

I doubt he was that close. He was the 3rd best player on the team.

Huh? The 3rd best player? I know Delgado was among the MVP candidates, but he was definitely below Cabs. Still trying to figure out which 2 players on the team were better than Miggy. :confused

I could buy into DTrain being in the mix....not that I know, but he's the only Marlin I can even conceive of being considered "more valuable", at least with the season he put together last year. Along with the pinch hits and batting seventh and all that.

Anyways, I'll only get to see the Marlins on the road in any games this season, but I'll chant MVP for Cabrera.

Huh? The 3rd best player? I know Delgado was among the MVP candidates, but he was definitely below Cabs. Still trying to figure out which 2 players on the team were better than Miggy. :confused

DTrain and Delgado.

Between DTrain and Miguel I think DTrain had a better year but I can see someone going with Miguel. Between Delgado and Miguel the overall numbers were similar with Delgado getting a slight edge. With RISP Delgado blew him away. I say Delgado had the better year.

Overall: AVG OBP SLG OPS

Cabrera - .323 .385 .561 .947

Delgado - .301 .399 .582 .981

RISP: AVG OBP SLG OPS

Cabrera - .322 .387 .508 .895

Delgado - .327 .447 .619 1.066

Dtrain - 22-10 / 2.63 ERA / 236.1 innings