Hermida's Defense

Ramp

In all seriousness, wasnt he supposed to be a very good RF? He is one of the worst RF that I have ever seen. He has like 8 or 9 errors and that is inexcusable for a RF, especially one touted as being in the + range.

Looks like he has alot to do this offseason.

In all seriousness, wasnt he supposed to be a very good RF? He is one of the worst RF that I have ever seen. He has like 8 or 9 errors and that is inexcusable for a RF, especially one touted as being in the + range.

No, he wasn't supposed to be a good RF. A knock on him was that he always concentrated on his hitting and didn't devote enough time to his glove.

No, he wasn't supposed to be a good RF. A knock on him was that he always concentrated on his hitting and didn't devote enough time to his glove.

Yep, just re-read his scouting report from BA and although he has made defensive strides, he still needs to work at it

but seriously, he is a trainwreck out ther

I don't think anyone said he was a soon to be gold-glover, but no one said he was going to be a liability, either.

Further pile on - isn't he without a doubt the biggest disappointment this season for the Marlins? I'm not saying he won't get better - he will. I'm also not saying that he doesn't have potential to be a great player - he does. But, I expected him to be more ready than this. I didn't expect .300 avg and 20 HRs with no errors, but I expected more. In fact, I expected more from him than Hanley, Willy, Uggla, Sanchez, and Nolasco - because none of those guys had ANY major league experience. I understand Hermy's young...I'm just saying.

C'mon Hermy...GET HOT! We need ya. You can single-handedly fuel a playoff run. Do it!

Further pile on - isn't he without a doubt the biggest disappointment this season for the Marlins? I'm not saying he won't get better - he will. I'm also not saying that he doesn't have potential to be a great player - he does. But, I expected him to be more ready than this. I didn't expect .300 avg and 20 HRs with no errors, but I expected more. In fact, I expected more from him than Hanley, Willy, Uggla, Sanchez, and Nolasco - because none of those guys had ANY major league experience. I understand Hermy's young...I'm just saying.

C'mon Hermy...GET HOT! We need ya. You can single-handedly fuel a playoff run. Do it!

Every team has one, but if Hermida were more of what we saw last season, we'd be running away with this thing by now.

i don't think there would even be reason to complain if he hadn't missed all that time early in the season. He's been touted as a Paul O'neill type player (above average arm, average fielding and above average bat)and I think he still can be. Possibly though they may want to put in a defense replacement in late innings.

I think Vargas is the biggest disappointment this season. I wasn't sold on him but he's had a horrific year and that's coming off a relatively good rookie season.

i don't think there would even be reason to complain if he hadn't missed all that time early in the season. He's been touted as a Paul O'neill type player (above average arm, average fielding and above average bat)and I think he still can be. Possibly though they may want to put in a defense replacement in late innings.

I don't buy the injury excuse.

To be fair, it was a hip issue, that's big for swinging, running and doing just about everything else.

He sucked in the spring too and that's allegedly when he injured it.

To be fair, it was a hip issue, that's big for swinging, running and doing just about everything else.

That's true but he came back from the DL in May.. that's 3 months ago. He had a good June, a mediocre to bad July and a terrible August.

That's true but he came back from the DL in May.. that's 3 months ago. He had a good June, a mediocre to bad July and a terrible August.

Yeah, but a hip's like a hammy, it just follows you until you can give it a lot of rest.

Look at LoDuca this year to last, or Griffey.

Baseball makes it really hard to shake injuries to the lower body in season.

But you know what, he's getting it going tonight, guaranteed.

Yeah, but a hip's like a hammy, it just follows you until you can give it a lot of rest.

Look at LoDuca this year to last, or Griffey.

Baseball makes it really hard to shake injuries to the lower body in season.

But you know what, he's getting it going tonight, guaranteed.

Last year it was obvious that Lo Duca was playing in pain. It's not obvious, at least to me, that Jeremy is playing in pain or discomfort this year. Maybe he is. I don't know. If he is then the injury would have something to do with it.

I almost put my fist through the TV last nite when he kicked that ball around.

Its one thing to be slumping at the plate (see Mike Lowell) but when you start being a defensive liability also, then your teamates need to hold you down in your bunk Full Metal Jacket style and give you the wrapped up bar of soap treatment.