Just Bought New Computer

GiambiNYY25Fan

Its actually 1280 by 1024

Is there a setting to toggle on the monitor itself like a menu button. There might be a setting in there for letterbox or widescreen or something like that. What you are explaining sounds like what happens on my HD TV when ESPN shrinks the borders on the left and rigth and shows gray boxes.

edit.... Oh wait i just reread and saw you said it happens on only certain websites. That is weird. What browser are you using?

Firefox, but it also happens on IE.... I expected this to happen before I got the computer as I really think this is a common thing among newer computers. It happens to the computers at FAU and just about anywhere.... I think it depends on the resolution size, so if I were to shrink it down a little, however, I think things start to become blurry

see it happen on my girlfriends laptop, that is basically because it is a widescreen type screen and thats how its going to look like. It was on 1024 x 768 when i put it on 800 x 600 it looked all big and nasty.

i would try putting it on 1024 and see how it looks since most 17" usually take that resolution unless their widescreen.

i have a 17" CRT monitor wit the 1024 resolution and everything looks perfect. let me know how things work out n if u need more help.