PETA happy with Irwin's passing?

Guest Juanky

PETA sheds no crocodile tears for Steve Irwin

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Updated: 3:52 a.m. ET Sept 11, 2006

Some animal lovers aren?t shedding any crocodile tears for Steve Irwin.

The Aussie naturalist, known as the Crocodile Hunter, was killed last week by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef. But the folks at PETA are neither surprised nor upset by his passing.

?It comes as no shock at all that Steve Irwin should die provoking a dangerous animal,? PETA?s Dan Mathews tells The Scoop. ?He made a career out of antagonizing frightened wild animals, which is a very dangerous message to send to kids.?

Story continues below ↓ advertisement

Does Irwin?s career as a naturalist impress the animal-rights group? Says Mathews: ?If you compare him with a responsible conservationist like Jacques Cousteau, he looks like a cheap reality TV star.?

Source

Crikey!

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He made a career out of provoking animals?? What a joke.....the guy was great and his show was educational for both adults and children!

If you're at all familiar with PETA you know that they are the epitome of illogical. Unfortunately I was stuck with having a PETA nut as my roommate a couple years ago...

You can't deny the first statement... it's not shocking at all that he died provoking a stingray, everyone knew it was only a matter of time before he got killed doing something crazy.

I disagree that he made his career out of frightetning animals and whatnot though (but if you only watched his show or his appearances on Leno, it might seem that way), the man is a national hero in Australia and has several conservation centers and other things like that.

I disagree that he made his career out of frightetning animals and whatnot though (but if you only watched his show or his appearances on Leno, it might seem that way), the man is a national hero in Australia and has several conservation centers and other things like that.

Honestly, Irwin did more for animals in his too short lifetime than anyone in PETA has.