NCAA Football Week 3 Discussion

Guest FishFanInPA

Note to Junior....

I think we found another RB better then Garrett Wolfe.....

Some guy named Slaton with 147 yards in the 1st quarter.

I was ready to call Wolfe the best back in the nation after watching a replay of his last game last night. However, Slaton has changed my mind. Everytime I watch him I am awed. He is simply amazing.

PS: Does anyone know what Slaton was clocked in the 40 during spring timings? I would love to know.

Slayton is a great back no doubt. I'd still take Wolfe though. Let's see how he does against some better defenses though.

Note to Junior....

I think we found another RB better then Garrett Wolfe.....

Some guy named Slaton with 147 yards in the 1st quarter.

I was ready to call Wolfe the best back in the nation after watching a replay of his last game last night. However, Slaton has changed my mind. Everytime I watch him I am awed. He is simply amazing.

PS: Does anyone know what Slaton was clocked in the 40 during spring timings? I would love to know.

The Ohio game?

:banghead

Wolfe was the ONLY, and when I say ONLY I mean ONLY bright spot in that game.

We have Buffalo and Indiana State the next 2 weeks. GW is going to have some ungodly numbers coming out of September.

NIU has Buffalo this weekend. We need to rebound and hammer them. I think we will.

Slanton runs a 4.37 btw.

Slaton got 108 yards on 8 carries last week in just one quarter. If Rodriguez turned him loose he could have had astronomical numbers.

I know you will lose the Ohio State game as your continual ace in the hole but the shuffling of players and playing huge ammounts of freshman at times by Tressell should downplay that effort.

Slaton got 108 yards on 8 carries last week in just one quarter. If Rodriguez turned him loose he could have had astronomical numbers.

I know you will lose the Ohio State game as your continual ace in the hole but the shuffling of players and playing huge ammounts of freshman at times by Tressell should downplay that effort.

Wolfe has almost 500 combo yards in 2 games. Don't try to downplay his effort because you were suffling in freshman. Those freshman are still better then Maryland's defense.

Btw, Wolfe's rushing output vs. OSU actually caused his RYPG to go down agaisnt Big 10 teams.

Lets take a look at Wolfe's last 7 games.

vs. Miami

31 car, 197 yards

3 catches, 5 yards

2 TDs

vs. Eastern Michigan

22 carries, 161 yards

2 catches 9 yards

1 TD

@ Toledo

29 carries, 117 yards

3 catches 43 yards

2 TDs

vs. Western Michigan

36 carries, 277 yards

0 catches

5 TDs

Akron

42 carries, 270 yards

0 catches

2 TDs

@Ohio State

26 carries, 171 yards

5 catches, 114 yards

1 TD

vs. Ohio

24 carries, 196 yards

0 catches

2 TDs

so in 7 games.....

168 carries, 1389 yards, 198 YPG

13 catches, 171 yards, 25 YPG

15 TDs

So in his last 7 games he has averaged 223 YPG, and 2 TDs per game

The Ohio State game was just another day at the office.

FSU is averaging like 38 rushing yards per game. Pathetic.

Well they are only allowing like 10 a game so they run 4 times more than the other guys.

Ya but last week Troy had NO running, and the week before was game 1...We know how that went.

Basically FSU has this guy, Booker, who thinks he's a hot shot and runs left and right rather than straight. The backup, Antoine Smith, tries really hard to run straight, but ends up getting tackled left and right.

So in essence, the offense relies on Weatherford...but you gotta admit they have a talented crop of receivers. De Cody Fagg is a future NFL player (mark my words); Chris Davis and Greg Carr are both very solid as well. And they also have two workhorse freshman TEs, one of which (Brandon Warren) looks like a stud.

Unfortunately we lost a linebacker on defense for the season (Griffin), but as long as Buster Davis is there, the running game for the opponent is kaputz!

I missed the game, but apparently Slaton looked good as sh*t

Wolfe has almost 500 combo yards in 2 games. Don't try to downplay his effort because you were suffling in freshman. Those freshman are still better then Maryland's defense.

Btw, Wolfe's rushing output vs. OSU actually caused his RYPG to go down agaisnt Big 10 teams.

vs. Miami

31 car, 197 yards

3 catches, 5 yards

2 TDs

vs. Eastern Michigan

22 carries, 161 yards

2 catches 9 yards

1 TD

@ Toledo

29 carries, 117 yards

3 catches 43 yards

2 TDs

vs. Western Michigan

36 carries, 277 yards

0 catches

5 TDs

Akron

42 carries, 270 yards

0 catches

2 TDs

@Ohio State

26 carries, 171 yards

5 catches, 114 yards

1 TD

vs. Ohio

24 carries, 196 yards

0 catches

2 TDs

so in 7 games.....

15 TDs

You're dogging Maryland but then throwing out these mediocre MAC teams? There is literally no sense in arguing this with you. I understand Wolfe is your boy and I'm fine with that but I'd take Slaton over him and every other back in the NCAA if I was building a team from scratch.

vs. Miami

31 car, 197 yards

3 catches, 5 yards

2 TDs

vs. Eastern Michigan

22 carries, 161 yards

2 catches 9 yards

1 TD

@ Toledo

29 carries, 117 yards

3 catches 43 yards

2 TDs

vs. Western Michigan

36 carries, 277 yards

0 catches

5 TDs

Akron

42 carries, 270 yards

0 catches

2 TDs

@Ohio State

26 carries, 171 yards

5 catches, 114 yards

1 TD

vs. Ohio

24 carries, 196 yards

0 catches

2 TDs

so in 7 games.....

15 TDs

You're dogging Maryland but then throwing out these mediocre MAC teams? There is literally no sense in arguing this with you. I understand Wolfe is your boy and I'm fine with that but I'd take Slaton over him and every other back in the NCAA if I was building a team from scratch.

Me throwing the Maryland D under the bus had nothing to do with the MAC teams. For some reason you were trying to discredit what Wolfe did because OSU played alot of freshman. Those freshman were better then this Maryland defense.

I'm not going to bring up Slaton's LOC, that would be quite hypocrytical, but do not try to discredit what Wolfe did to the OSU D.

I'm not discrediting it, he's a great player but I also don't think you should pimp it as much considering the ammount of freshman, the different lineups, and the heavy inconsistent rotation of players in the game. Lots of groups of 11 that don't play normally with each other nor are that comfortable with each other. Plus NIU didn't see the type of defensive playcalling that was saved for the Texas game.

Well they are only allowing like 10 a game so they run 4 times more than the other guys.

Ya but last week Troy had NO running, and the week before was game 1...We know how that went.

Basically FSU has this guy, Booker, who thinks he's a hot shot and runs left and right rather than straight. The backup, Antoine Smith, tries really hard to run straight, but ends up getting tackled left and right.

So in essence, the offense relies on Weatherford...but you gotta admit they have a talented crop of receivers. De Cody Fagg is a future NFL player (mark my words); Chris Davis and Greg Carr are both very solid as well. And they also have two workhorse freshman TEs, one of which (Brandon Warren) looks like a stud.

Unfortunately we lost a linebacker on defense for the season (Griffin), but as long as Buster Davis is there, the running game for the opponent is kaputz!

Paul Griffin was our starting noseguard (DT), not a linebacker.

True, I was thinking about Buster when I was writing it, so I mistyped. Thanks for the correcto my man. You goin to the Clemson game?

True, I was thinking about Buster when I was writing it, so I mistyped. Thanks for the correcto my man. You goin to the Clemson game?

Sure am. I assume you are as well. Im hoping it will be similar to the UVA game a couple years ago when we got them for the ESPN night game and we seemed to be struggling and then just blew them away. Clemson has a bunch of defensive injuries as well right now and Proctor looked pretty damn good last week but hasn't seen a defense like ours. I'd like to see us put Booker and Smith in the backfield and then move Booker out into the slot at WR, nobody will keep up with him. Buster, Geno and Timmons at LB is even better than we had last year. We win this game and things will be lookin damn good for us.

Did Hardy get suspended Ramp?

No. He has personal issues to attend to and elected to do so before the Big 10 season. He will be out 2 weeks and according to the press release, this was not related to the arrest in his offseason.

Oh alright thanks. I have a buddy that goes to SIU (they play Indiana this weekend) and he said Hardy was suspended.