Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Football Week 3 Discussion

Featured Replies

Va Tech with a very nice punt return for a TD. They're up 13-0. All in all, Duke really hasn't played that poorly. Va Tech has the two big plays, which is what you'd expect when they obviously have a huge speed advantage.

 

Thad Lewis has been less impressive today, though. He's missed a couple of open guys downfield that could have made for big plays. Granted, he was running for his life both times, but he made those throws last week.

When there are wide open running lanes he needs to run instead of giving it up to a reciever who has defenders shadowing him. We don't win the Michigan games if he doesn't take advantage of what the defense gives him. Taking advantage of the situation doesn't mean he has happy feet.

 

 

In the Texas game he stood in the pocket and took hits while hitting our recievers. We're more successful when he does that, than when he runs.

 

Plus, the last game he ran heavily Tressel said he, himself, runs about as well as Smith.

Ohio State was exploiting the gaps in Texas' secondary and like I said Smith took advantage of things on a play by play basis, when the opportunity comes he needs to take advantage of that.

 

Um, that comment was after the Northern Illinois game and he was sarcastically saying that when asked why Smith didn't run and he said he was glad because (insert quote).

 

Smith rushed for over 600 yards last year and had 130 against Iowa last season and 145 against Michigan in 2004. To say he shouldn't rush when that is part of what makes him such a valuable asset is insane. When you say things like that coupled with questioning whether or not Anthony Gonzalez is a good no. 2 reciever for this team I sometimes question how many Buckeye games you actually watch.

 

Buckeyes hit a FG, 7-6 Cincy.

 

53 yard kick off return for Cincy on the kickoff, man I should have gone out and watched this game.

 

Good, a stop. Take advanatge and take the lead for the game Bucks.

When there are wide open running lanes he needs to run instead of giving it up to a reciever who has defenders shadowing him. We don't win the Michigan games if he doesn't take advantage of what the defense gives him. Taking advantage of the situation doesn't mean he has happy feet.

 

 

In the Texas game he stood in the pocket and took hits while hitting our recievers. We're more successful when he does that, than when he runs.

 

Plus, the last game he ran heavily Tressel said he, himself, runs about as well as Smith.

Ohio State was exploiting the gaps in Texas' secondary and like I said Smith took advantage of things on a play by play basis, when the opportunity comes he needs to take advantage of that.

 

Um, that comment was after the Northern Illinois game and he was sarcastically saying that when asked why Smith didn't run and he said he was glad because (insert quote).

 

Smith rushed for over 600 yards last year and had 130 against Iowa last season and 145 against Michigan in 2004. To say he shouldn't rush when that is part of what makes him such a valuable asset is insane. When you say things like that coupled with questioning whether or not Anthony Gonzalez is a good no. 2 reciever for this team I sometimes question how many Buckeye games you actually watch.

 

Buckeyes hit a FG, 7-6 Cincy.

 

Anthony Gonzalez had two or three REALLY good games last season (he also had about five or six where he disappeared). He's been awesome this season. I've had season tickets for three years and seen and know more about Gonzalez and the Buckeyes than you ever will. Don't ever question that.

 

That being said, I said Smith has changed into a pocket passer. From last season to this season. I haven't been impressed by his running ability this season. We win when we pass and that's what we need to do. I want MORE passes to Gonzalez because Ginn is being covered too well.

 

That being said, we're losing 7-6 to Cincinnati. Our offense is playing like doodoo. Stop passing to Ginn and spread the damn ball.

Iowa State scores again, soon to be 14-3 over Iowa. WTF Hawkeyes, I want another perfect week.

 

Anthony Gonzalez had two or three REALLY good games last season (he also had about five or six where he disappeared). He's been awesome this season. I've had season tickets for three years and seen and know more about Gonzalez and the Buckeyes than you ever will. Don't ever question that.

 

That being said, I said Smith has changed into a pocket passer. From last season to this season. I haven't been impressed by his running ability this season.

He was also a third wide reciever in a semi-conservative offense. It was pretty much obvious to any one that he would compliment the downfield threat of Ginn well as he is a great slot reciever but he also does have good speed.

 

Smith hasn't even run any of the same type of draws or option plays like we did last year, it's not comparable.

 

:lol @ your 3rd grade rhetoric though.

Damn it. A THIRD roughing the passer penalty on Va Tech. This one was ridiculous. That guy should be thrown out of the game. Thaddeus is not getting up this time.

33 yard gain to Gonzo! Ball at the 6. Punch it in Bucks.

 

Damn it. A THIRD roughing the passer penalty on Va Tech. This one was ridiculous. That guy should be thrown out of the game. Thaddeus is not getting up this time.

 

:banghead

 

Thugs.

It was a helmet-to-helmet hit, and the Va Tech player took at least 3 steps after Lewis got rid of the ball.

 

Rouse is the name of the player on Va Tech...it's his 2nd roughing the passer penalty in the game.

 

Lewis was able to walk off the field, but he's probably done for the day. And I say it's a good thing.

...and the holding call to back OSU up 11 yards. Penalties have been killing them today.

Iowa State scores again, soon to be 14-3 over Iowa. WTF Hawkeyes, I want another perfect week.

 

Anthony Gonzalez had two or three REALLY good games last season (he also had about five or six where he disappeared). He's been awesome this season. I've had season tickets for three years and seen and know more about Gonzalez and the Buckeyes than you ever will. Don't ever question that.

 

That being said, I said Smith has changed into a pocket passer. From last season to this season. I haven't been impressed by his running ability this season.

He was also a third wide reciever in a semi-conservative offense. It was pretty much obvious to any one that he would compliment the downfield threat of Ginn well as he is a great slot reciever but he also does have good speed.

 

Smith hasn't even run any of the same type of draws or option plays like we did last year, it's not comparable.

 

:lol @ your 3rd grade rhetoric though.

 

Good for you. So witty. Respond to 3rd grad rhetoric WITH 3rd grade rhetoric.

 

Obviously you haven't read my posts. Smith isn't a runner anymore. He's a damn thrower. Our offense has changed to suit that. He throws better than he runs.

 

Plus, if he wants to go to the pros he better quit that running stuff. If I hear another Charlie Ward, Vince Young comparison I might puke blood (why's he always gotta' be compared to other black QB's).

 

That being said, Ginn scores. Game over. About time the offense showed up.

Ted Ginn TD catch. 12-6 Bucks.

 

 

Iowa State scores again, soon to be 14-3 over Iowa. WTF Hawkeyes, I want another perfect week.

 

Anthony Gonzalez had two or three REALLY good games last season (he also had about five or six where he disappeared). He's been awesome this season. I've had season tickets for three years and seen and know more about Gonzalez and the Buckeyes than you ever will. Don't ever question that.

 

That being said, I said Smith has changed into a pocket passer. From last season to this season. I haven't been impressed by his running ability this season.

He was also a third wide reciever in a semi-conservative offense. It was pretty much obvious to any one that he would compliment the downfield threat of Ginn well as he is a great slot reciever but he also does have good speed.

 

Smith hasn't even run any of the same type of draws or option plays like we did last year, it's not comparable.

 

:lol @ your 3rd grade rhetoric though.

 

Good for you. So witty. Respond to 3rd grad rhetoric WITH 3rd grade rhetoric.

 

Obviously you haven't read my posts. Smith isn't a runner anymore. He's a damn thrower. Our offense has changed to suit that. He runs better than he throws.

 

Plus, if he wants to go to the pros he better quit that running stuff. If I hear another Charlie Ward, Vince Young comparison I might puke blood (why's he always gotta' be compared to other black QB's).

 

That being said, Ginn scores. Game over. About time the offense showed up.

I didn't respond to it with 3rd grade rhetoric, I didn't wag my finger and say 'I had 3 years of season tickets so I know more about Gonzalez then you ever will'. :lol :lol :lol :lol

 

You don't even get my point, His ability allows him to take advantage of defensive lapses and a collpasing pocket he doesn't use one of his strengths if he doesn't use his legs to take advantage of that. I never said he was a run fast QB or needed to be a scrambler I just don't want him to strictly stay in the pocket.

 

'He runs better than he throws' doesn't really support your stance either. :lol I'm sure you'll have some witty explanation though.

 

14-10 Iowa State at the halfl

 

Cincy driving once again. Matador defensive strategy being employed today by Ohio State.

Ted Ginn TD catch. 12-6 Bucks.

 

 

 

Iowa State scores again, soon to be 14-3 over Iowa. WTF Hawkeyes, I want another perfect week.

 

Anthony Gonzalez had two or three REALLY good games last season (he also had about five or six where he disappeared). He's been awesome this season. I've had season tickets for three years and seen and know more about Gonzalez and the Buckeyes than you ever will. Don't ever question that.

 

That being said, I said Smith has changed into a pocket passer. From last season to this season. I haven't been impressed by his running ability this season.

He was also a third wide reciever in a semi-conservative offense. It was pretty much obvious to any one that he would compliment the downfield threat of Ginn well as he is a great slot reciever but he also does have good speed.

 

Smith hasn't even run any of the same type of draws or option plays like we did last year, it's not comparable.

 

:lol @ your 3rd grade rhetoric though.

 

Good for you. So witty. Respond to 3rd grad rhetoric WITH 3rd grade rhetoric.

 

Obviously you haven't read my posts. Smith isn't a runner anymore. He's a damn thrower. Our offense has changed to suit that. He runs better than he throws.

 

Plus, if he wants to go to the pros he better quit that running stuff. If I hear another Charlie Ward, Vince Young comparison I might puke blood (why's he always gotta' be compared to other black QB's).

 

That being said, Ginn scores. Game over. About time the offense showed up.

I didn't respond to it with 3rd grade rhetoric, I didn't wag my finger and say 'I had 3 years of season tickets so I know more about Gonzalez then you ever will'. :lol :lol :lol :lol

 

You don't even get my point, His ability allows him to take advantage of defensive lapses and a collpasing pocket he doesn't use one of his strengths if he doesn't use his legs to take advantage of that. I never said he was a run fast QB or needed to be a scrambler I just don't want him to strictly stay in the pocket.

 

'He runs better than he throws' doesn't really support your stance either. :lol I'm sure you'll have some witty explanation though.

 

Changed. Obvious mistake.

 

Laurinaitis>you

 

Laurinaitis>AJ Hawk? (MAYYYYYYYYYBE. It's amazing how much better than the rest of our offense Laurinaitis and Pitcock are)

It's blasphemous for me to say this and really jumping the gun but it wouldn't suprise me if Laurinaitis developed into a better player then Hawk. Laurinaitis is a better physical specemin then Hawk was and they are similar in that he got to witness first hand a great lineback in A.J just like A.J got to do with Matt Wilhelm. I'd be suprised if we had a smarter linebacker then A.J in a while though.

 

Pitt and MSU tied at 10 at half. Go Pitt.

It's blasphemous for me to say this and really jumping the gun but it wouldn't suprise me if Laurinaitis developed into a better player then Hawk. Laurinaitis is a better physical specemin then Hawk was and they are similar in that he got to witness first hand a great lineback in A.J just like A.J got to do with Matt Wilhelm. I'd be suprised if we had a smarter linebacker then A.J in a while though.

 

Pitt and MSU tied at 10 at half. Go Pitt.

 

 

Laurinaitis has done more with less than Hawk. There's no Carpenter and Schlegel to help him out. Not to mention the rest of that defense.

It's blasphemous for me to say this and really jumping the gun but it wouldn't suprise me if Laurinaitis developed into a better player then Hawk. Laurinaitis is a better physical specemin then Hawk was and they are similar in that he got to witness first hand a great lineback in A.J just like A.J got to do with Matt Wilhelm. I'd be suprised if we had a smarter linebacker then A.J in a while though.

 

Pitt and MSU tied at 10 at half. Go Pitt.

 

 

Laurinaitis has done more with less than Hawk. There's no Carpenter and Schlegel to help him out. Not to mention the rest of that defense.

He's played 2.5 games. 6 quarters of that have been good. Hold your horses.

 

He doesn't have even close to the tackling ability Hawk had yet. Laurinaitis is hardly playing with hacks. Marcus Freeman is going to be a stud and is continuing to develop. That's going to be a helluva tandem towards the tail end of this season and next year.

 

OSU's O-Line needs to step it up big time in the 2nd. It's embarassing that they are having so much trouble with the Bearcats D.

 

I think Duke might lose. 23-0 VaTech at halftime.

 

Absurd.

 

J/C, Is Roof wearing his usual White polo?

 

Cyclones boot another FG. Lead 17-10 over Iowa in the 3rd.

Give Ginn his 2nd TD grab.

 

Soon to be 20-7.

 

Michigan State goes up by 2 TDs on Pitt, 24-10.

Woo hoo....I don't have to deny Syracuse doesn't have a football team anymore!!!!!

 

Temple on the other hand :plain

Anyone see that block the Iowa player laid on the Cyclone player on that reverse? Holy $hit! Dude was knocked cold.

Anyone see that block the Iowa player laid on the Cyclone player on that reverse? Holy $hit! Dude was knocked cold.

 

 

One of the hardest hits I've ever seen.

Wow, horrid pass by Tate intercepted by Iowa State.

 

Cyclones have life.

 

BTW, Antonio Pittman: 16 att, 156 yards, 9.6 avg, 1 TD

 

 

Anyone see that block the Iowa player laid on the Cyclone player on that reverse? Holy $hit! Dude was knocked cold.

 

 

One of the hardest hits I've ever seen.

I'm glad that kid was alright I seriously was scared the way he was laying there.

I think im gonna strain my thumb switching channels during the 3:30 block of games:

 

Michigan at Notre Dame, NBC

LSU at Auburn, CBS

Miami at Louisville, ABC

I think im gonna strain my thumb switching channels during the 3:30 block of games:

 

Michigan at Notre Dame, NBC

LSU at Auburn, CBS

Miami at Louisville, ABC

 

Just absurd.

 

What a slate of games.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.