Starting Rotation

yandro

I think amid the talk of the wild card chase and being so far behind, we forget that our starting pitching staff leads the NL (second in the majors) in ERA. Not only that, but we are second in the league in Wins coming from starting pitching with 61. The Mets lead with 62. We really are very fortunate to have such a talented group of youngsters anchoring this rotation.

I believe with an improved bullpen for next year, we're going to be right up there and challenge for the division (as long as our offense performs similar to this year).

:thumbup .

With alittle offensive help (Hermida producing and a good CF'er) and some bullpen help this team is going to be hard to beat next year.

Unfortunately, that's probably not true. Most high-performing rookies don't do as well in their next season. Even Willis suffered a "sophomore slump." So expect less from them, especially the pitchers.

And I don't expect any effort on the part of the FO to pick up a decent additional OF. So I think next year will be very disappointing.

But I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

:thumbup .

With alittle offensive help (Hermida producing and a good CF'er) and some bullpen help this team is going to be hard to beat next year.

Unfortunately, that's probably not true. Most high-performing rookies don't do as well in their next season. Even Willis suffered a "sophomore slump." So expect less from them, especially the pitchers.

And I don't expect any effort on the part of the FO to pick up a decent additional OF. So I think next year will be very disappointing.

But I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Yes, but not everyone goes through a sophomore slump. Did Dontrelle go through one? (I am not sure if he did or not). I expect good things out of the boys next year. We are going to be okay, this team is no fluke.