Study of Angriest U.S. Cities

PBCMarlinsFan

How Angry Is Your City?

A side-by-side ranking of where residents are the most steamed

The last time an entire U.S. city got monumentally mad was back in 1864, when a guy named Sherman paid a little visit to Atlanta. This isn't to say that it takes 100,000 invading troops to make a town lose its temper -- Orlando has never been a strategic military target, and yet the folks there are furious. Yes, Orlando, home of the Magic Kingdom and mandated happiness. Who knows? Maybe living in Goofyville wears thin after 35 years.

Our search for evidence of urban anger began with the percentage of men with high blood pressure, from the CDC's Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (as calculated by Sperling's BestPlaces). We then factored in FBI rates of aggravated assaults and Bureau of Labor Statistics numbers on workplace deaths from assaults and other violence. And because rage and the road often go hand in hand, we also included traffic-congestion data from the Texas Transportation Institute, as well as speeding citations per state from the Governors Highway Safety Association.

Does your city's rank rankle you? We kind of figured it would.

(From most to least angry cities)

1. Orlando, FL

2. St. Petersburg, FL

3. Detroit, MI

4. Baltimore, MD

5. Nashville, TN

6. Wilmington, DE

7. Miami, FL

8. Memphis, TN

9. Jacksonville, FL

10. St. Louis, MO

The rest of the article can be found at -- http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?s...00013281eac____

it is a disgrace to anyone from massachusetts to see boston as 39 on that list...hell...the state bird is the finger...and the parking is a nightmare...boston should be top 3 on that list

i have to agree with my fellow mass-hole

how boston isn't at least in the top 10 is beyond. We are talking about a city that prides itself in how nasty they are to out of towners (articles about this are actually written in Boston Magazine, way to represent yourself!)

pretty sad/shocking that florida has 4 cities in the top 10.

Why are Floridians so angry?

A. snow birds(new englanders are a particulary agressive breed of the species)

B. its hot

C. its humid

D. alligators, crazy snakes and various other insects

E. the capitol is in tallahassee(need i say more)

F. cocaine (the skiing is better in the south come winter)

G. hot women=aggressive behavior by anything with male sex organs

H. 73 was the last dolphins title...thats alot of patience...and in america, patience isnt the bottom line

I. hurricanes

J. there isnt a new ballpark.............................................................................................not even yet

K. 5 minutes of the miami vice movie actually takes place in miami

L. dealing with satanous patriots fans for the last 5 years

M. having the rest of the world proclaim that wade and the heat were given the title by the refs and stern

N. muts fans...the term kneecap someone really starts to make it a viable option

O. jeb bush

P. jeb bush is our president's brother

Q. that was a rediculous call at the end of the miami-OSU national championship game...just awful

R. i really dont have any more reasons...but...if you so wish...continue

B. its hot

C. its humid

H. 73 was the last dolphins title...thats alot of patience...and in america, patience isnt the bottom line

I. hurricanes

J. there isnt a new ballpark.............................................................................................not even yet

M. having the rest of the world proclaim that wade and the heat were given the title by the refs and stern

N. muts fans...the term kneecap someone really starts to make it a viable option

O. jeb bush

Q. that was a rediculous call at the end of the miami-OSU national championship game...just awful

:notworthy

I grew up in Florida but havent lived there for like 7 years. Thanks for bringing it all back. Ill bring some anger to Arlington, VA.

If you live anywhere in Northern Virginia you should be angry. It's a huge waste of space and everyone that lives up there is a waste of space, all stuck in a world of suburban sprawl, gridlock, and thinking that their bachelor's degrees and 40k/year jobs make them better than the rest of the state. Screw them all.

B. its hot

C. its humid

I. hurricanes

O. jeb bush

:notworthy

I grew up in Florida but havent lived there for like 7 years. Thanks for bringing it all back. Ill bring some anger to Arlington, VA.

i'm moving to arlington in a week

If you live anywhere in Northern Virginia you should be angry. It's a huge waste of space and everyone that lives up there is a waste of space, all stuck in a world of suburban sprawl, gridlock, and thinking that their bachelor's degrees and 40k/year jobs make them better than the rest of the state. Screw them all.

:lol Bad experience up here? There is a lot of sprawl in NOVA but Arlington seems to be better than the other parts. I live right next to the Pentagon and Arlington cemetary so maybe that exempts me?

i'm moving to arlington in a week

Awesome. Ive been here for about 3 months. So far seems like a solid city to live in. Cops pulled me over once and were extremely nice.

:lol Bad experience up here? There is a lot of sprawl in NOVA but Arlington seems to be better than the other parts. I live right next to the Pentagon and Arlington cemetary so maybe that exempts me?

I just don't like the people up there.

You can blame a blood sucking she-devil for it.

I just don't like the people up there.

You can blame a blood sucking she-devil for it.

Ahh yes...it always goes back to a woman.