Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My El Camino Is Finally Finished..!

Featured Replies

Well, one of them anyway. Me, my dad, and my brother have two El Camino's and planned on restoring both. One is a 1987 Choo Choo Customs SS, the other a 1980 regular SS. The '87 still hasn't gotten started yet, but the '80 is 98% done.

 

And here it is:

  • Author

Sorry to hear that man, I would love to get my hands on a retro ride.

 

 

It's semi up for sale... lol

You've taken my mental image of the El Camino being a broken down, two toothed redneck wagon and turned it completely around.

 

Nice work.

Sorry to hear that man, I would love to get my hands on a retro ride.

 

 

It's semi up for sale... lol

Ya but I'm not gonna be in the area for a while and I''m wasting away my Monte Carlo until it poops out.

 

Oh I see how my statement could seem a little ambiguous. I meant I was sorry because I would have liked to get one, but extenuating circumstances disallow it. college hits the bank hard!

All that work and a stock interior and engine?

 

C'mon man, put a crate motor in that SOB. Put in a 454 or something.

  • Author

All that work and a stock interior and engine?

 

C'mon man, put a crate motor in that SOB. Put in a 454 or something.

 

 

Actually, the engine isn't stock. The original came with a 305 V8, which was replaced with a 350 a few years ago.

 

And the interior has been purposely kept all-original. For being 27 years old, it's as flawless as humanly possible. Why mess around with that?

All that work and a stock interior and engine?

 

C'mon man, put a crate motor in that SOB. Put in a 454 or something.

 

 

Actually, the engine isn't stock. The original came with a 305 V8, which was replaced with a 350 a few years ago.

 

And the interior has been purposely kept all-original. For being 27 years old, it's as flawless as humanly possible. Why mess around with that?

I dunno, but a CD player would be nice.

All that work and a stock interior and engine?

 

C'mon man, put a crate motor in that SOB. Put in a 454 or something.

 

 

Actually, the engine isn't stock. The original came with a 305 V8, which was replaced with a 350 a few years ago.

 

And the interior has been purposely kept all-original. For being 27 years old, it's as flawless as humanly possible. Why mess around with that?

I dunno, but a CD player would be nice.

I still use a bootleg adapter in my car.

  • Author

We're probably gonna get a new stereo system completely. Although, this guy said he might trade us his '63 Impala, which is worth around $16,000, for this (which is worth about $8,000) straight up... So we're waiting to see what happens there.

That dashboard layout sure brings back a lot of memories. I used to ride in a '79 Malibu; they are virtually the same car from the driver seat forward.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.