So did the WBC adversly affect players?

rorod

I'm too lazy right now to look up the stats, but I would be really interested if someone did a statistical analysis of the participants in the tourny.

off the top of my head players that had down years

arod

dtrain

peavy

but then others like

miggy

jeter

....had great seasons

im just curious because that is one thing that was an issue of concern with fans, managers, owners ect.

Guest Juanky

ARod and Dontrelle didn't have down seasons. Rodriguez had all his mistakes magnified by an unfair market, and Willis' season is interpreted by his unreal 2005 campaign and his lack of run support. Peavy I'm not sure because I didn't really follow him this season.

Ask Johan Santana if the WBC affected him at all.

ARod and Dontrelle didn't have down seasons. Rodriguez had all his mistakes magnified by an unfair market, and Willis' season is interpreted by his unreal 2005 campaign and his lack of run support. Peavy I'm not sure because I didn't really follow him this season.

Ask Johan Santana if the WBC affected him at all.

santana was hittable early on in the season if i remember correctly then he became god agiain...

Maybe, but he's going to be winning the AL Cy Young this year, so I don't think the Twins are complaining.

Also, guys like Miguel, David Ortiz, and Albert Pujols had tremendous seasons despite the fact they were playing games that counted instead of ST anyways. In fact, guys like Alfredo Amezaga might have even benefited from the WBC.

Look at a lot of the pitchers who had down years by their standards, most participated in the WBC.

I don't recall the article, but I think it was Jim Caple who did a column on it for insider.

Either way, the hitters didn't get harmed, but I don't think the pitchers are looking forward to it again.

Especially with only one season to go by.

One of the pitchers in the WBC is going to be AL Cy Young, one of the hitters was going to be AL MVP until his injury, and another hitter is in the discussion for NL MVP. The AL leaders in Wins, ERA, Saves, Homers, and RBIs all played in the WBC. You can't really take anything one way or another.