Drug tests

Hammerhead

I went in for a job interview last Wednesday. After I was told I had the job, they had me take an oral drug test. While I was sitting there with the test in my mouth, the assistant manager called the testing lab to arrange for a pickup that day for I was not the only person they had hired. The employer informed me that I would receive a call back after they receive the results of the drug test. It has been nearly a week and I have not received anything resembling a call back from the employer.

The testing company's website says that most tests only take a couple of days, on average. As it has been more than a couple of days, I'm getting quite aggravated.

Has anybody that has ever been involved in the oral drug testing policy let me know how long this process usually takes?

I went in for a job interview last Wednesday. After I was told I had the job, they had me take an oral drug test. While I was sitting there with the test in my mouth, the assistant manager called the testing lab to arrange for a pickup that day for I was not the only person they had hired. The employer informed me that I would receive a call back after they receive the results of the drug test. It has been nearly a week and I have not received anything resembling a call back from the employer.

The testing company's website says that most tests only take a couple of days, on average. As it has been more than a couple of days, I'm getting quite aggravated.

Has anybody that has ever been involved in the oral drug testing policy let me know how long this process usually takes?

Labs are notorious for being backed up. I would be patient I'm sure you will get your results soon especially if the company wants to hire you ASAP. From my DUI a few years ago by lawyer moved for a speedy trial b/c the labs were all backed up. Let's just say it took 3 months for me to go to court and they still never had my tests back.

Labs are notorious for being backed up. I would be patient I'm sure you will get your results soon especially if the company wants to hire you ASAP. From my DUI a few years ago by lawyer moved for a speedy trial b/c the labs were all backed up. Let's just say it took 3 months for me to go to court and they still never had my tests back.

God, I hope it doesn't take much longer than it has. Sitting around doing nothing is getting quite boring. Considering the holidays are around the corner, I would think a grocer would want to hire me ASAP. There were four other people that got hired the same day I did.

By the way, my place of employment that I'm referring to is the Publix between Nob Hill and Pine Island. :D

Why are you so worry? Have you taken drugs before? :mischief2

Nervous?

Nervous?

Not at all.