November 14, 200619 yr Vastly underrated show..... Tremendous episode tonight.....Great cast....especially loved the bikini shirt and the game tonight.
November 21, 200619 yr Missed the show tonight....anything funny? It was probably the funniest episode of the show I have ever seen. Watch it online at cbs.com.
December 3, 200619 yr I actually really like this show too... Monday nights has become my favorite night for TV... This one, The Class, Heroes, and I even like Studio 60...
March 24, 200719 yr I watched the pilot the other day with some friends and tonight I rented season one on dvd. This show is awesome, how come no one told me about this before? NPH is absolutely hysterical.
March 27, 200719 yr I heard the girl that plays Robin is the front runner for the Wonderwoman movie Maybe if she did the 300 diet and workout plan...
March 27, 200719 yr I heard the girl that plays Robin is the front runner for the Wonderwoman movie Maybe if she did the 300 diet and workout plan... She looks perfectly healthy to me. I could see her playing the role.
May 1, 200719 yr I've never really watched a full episode until tonight. My girl loves it and I just happened to chill on the couch with her and watched it. I laughed so hard during that Price Is Right bit. When Barney pushed that guy after spinning the wheel. LMAO.
May 9, 200719 yr IMO, Neil Patrick Harris as Barney is quite possibly the best character on TV. ITS FOR THE BRIDE...going to have to remember that at future weddings.
May 15, 200719 yr NPH once again stole this weeks episode, but really it's not stealing anymore, it's expected. This show is definitely in my top 5 right now, and it might be #4.
May 15, 200719 yr Tremendous episode....my friend the show was over now....this was a season finale...not series finale, right? PS.....totally didn't see the breakup happen...the show will lose a little bit now.
May 15, 200719 yr It was just the season finale, as far as I know. I can't find anything about it getting picked up, but they have to know it is if they ended the season like that. Great, great episode, and a great, great show. One of the most original sitcoms in a while. Season 1 was probably marginally better than season 2, but thats only because season 1 was so great, and I didn't really like Robin and Ted as a couple for the show. It's much better when Ted and Barney are out together as single men. I hope they don't do the Ross and Rachel (or JD and Elliot) thing with those two.
May 15, 200719 yr One of the most original sitcoms in a while. Season 1 was probably marginally better than season 2, but thats only because season 1 was so great, and I didn't really like Robin and Ted as a couple for the show. It's much better when Ted and Barney are out together as single men. I hope they don't do the Ross and Rachel (or JD and Elliot) thing with those two. Look, the show is one of my favorites and it is one of the "Season Pass" shows on my TiVo, but I wouldn't say this is one of the most original sitcomes in a while. The acting and writing is good, but this show has now taken "storylines" from Friends in more than one occassion. The whole Robin/Ted thing is just a rehash of Ross/Rachel, down to the he loved her, then she loved him, then they got together, then they broke up....and Barney is Joey is Barney (except that Matt LeBlanc wasn't gay). There really is only one thing that I always get taken aback by on the show if you think long and hard about it. Do you realize Ted is telling his kids, in detail, about all of his hook-ups before he met their mother?!?! I can't see myself ten years from now sitting down my son and daughter and telling them about all of my hook-ups from back in the day before I met my wife (and, boy, the stories I could tell could be a book). I mean, my "wingman" back in the day is my daughter's godfather, and I know they wouldn't be able to look at "Uncle Rick" the same way again (oh, the stories we could tell, like the time we convinced three girls from Toronto that one of our buddies was a "Cuban Rafter/Heart Surgeon" and we were his interpreters . . . . that was a good night , or our "Lost Weekend in Montreal" that ended with French-Canadian girls not knowing the meaning of "sh!tfacted" and then . . . . a US$1,000 bar tab , or the only traditional Spring Break trip of our college years to Daytona where "Uncle Rick" lost 85% of his hearing in one ear and we had to leave a $50.00 tip to the maid of our hotel room because of the "ralphing" by six of us in one room )! But, either way, that is one thing about the show that gnaws at me. Don't get me wrong, I love that show! That would be legen . . . wait for it . . . .
May 15, 200719 yr Look, the show is one of my favorites and it is one of the "Season Pass" shows on my TiVo, but I wouldn't say this is one of the most original sitcomes in a while. The acting and writing is good, but this show has now taken "storylines" from Friends in more than one occassion. The whole Robin/Ted thing is just a rehash of Ross/Rachel, down to the he loved her, then she loved him, then they got together, then they broke up....and Barney is Joey is Barney (except that Matt LeBlanc wasn't gay). I meant the execution of it. It is fairly similar to Friends (though I think they manage to pull off the relationships a lot less awkwardly than on Friends, since the characters actually seem to like eachother, whereas Ross and Rachel always seemed weird to me, since they didn't really have similar personalities and it was mostly based on Ross's crush on here back in the day and all that) and many other situational comedies in that it's just about a group of friends and their lives. I meant in the telling the story backwards, constant flashbacks and references to previous episodes. There's very little continuity in many sitcoms (Friends for example was terrible at it, with the exception of the few episodes devoted wholly to flashbacks) but in this one, stuff that happens in previous episodes carries over (the slap bet being my favorite). And narrator explaining the story and explaining the contexts of everything makes it easier for them to focus on the story or the characters, rather than having to set each episode up with contrived premises. Also, unlike most sitcoms since Seinfeld (and even before that), there is an actual story line running through the series that hinges on the characters action each week. The overall plot is moved forward each week. I have a feeling it won't be on for a long run like Friends, but I really would like to see them conclude the story the way they want to.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.