Accepted

I got my acceptance letter to USF a day ago and I'm ecstatic because now I don't really have to worry about college for the rest of my senior year. I'm one scholarship away from not having to worry about the money and all I have to do is do a Dept of Defense physical and I get my NROTC scholarship (Navy ROTC). I'm enrolling fall of '07 and I'm gonna be in the class of '11 so... yeah, yay for me anyways... if anyone here wants to share anything about USF I'd appreciate it...

P.S. I know about the room/meal costs and my scholarship covers that :thumbup

No idea about the gear, but I went up to the game @ USF against FIU and the fans were great. They were very fond of our team (especially after the scare we gave em) and they have great traditions for such a young school. Enjoy your time there, seems like a good place to go to school.

Just curious...but why USF?

It's not particularly local to you.

Yeah... well... since my freshman year I've basically wanted to do physical therapy and I happened to know someone that went to USF for Medicine, so that was my initial "in"... also my NROTC scholarship applies there and not to UM which was my number one school... and what is the oddest of the whole thing... if I didn't get accepted to USF... my next choice based on where the scholarship applied was Miami University... because they have a great undergrad reputation and medical schooling... etc

Also, it made sense financially to me in a lot of ways so that was a plus... and I guess I like the idea of attending a relatively young school...

Just curious...but why USF?

It's not particularly local to you.

Yeah... well... since my freshman year I've basically wanted to do physical therapy and I happened to know someone that went to USF for Medicine, so that was my initial "in"... also my NROTC scholarship applies there and not to UM which was my number one school... and what is the oddest of the whole thing... if I didn't get accepted to USF... my next choice based on where the scholarship applied was Miami University... because they have a great undergrad reputation and medical schooling... etc

Also, it made sense financially to me in a lot of ways so that was a plus... and I guess I like the idea of attending a relatively young school...

UM's physical therapy therapy program is amazing in terms of national reputation, though I can't blame you for not going there if it's going to cost you full tuition.

Did you apply to UF? They're easily #2 in the state for PT, and in general they're pretty strong in the allied health fields.

BTW, feel free to PM me if you want some info on schools with good PT or other allied health programs (I can't publicly post it.). Just to put in perspective how easy it is to get bad info during this whole college application thing, there isn't even a single bottom-tier academic medical center anywhere near Oxford, OH, let alone a medical school.