Hinrich

Shaq-Man

The Heat played most of the game without Wade, who injured his right wrist midway through the first. It appeared he got hurt coming off a screen while covering Kirk Hinrich.

Miami coach Pat Riley blamed Hinrich for Wade's injury.

"Hinrich pulled his hand. Hinrich grabbed his hand, which he does all of the time," Riley said. "That's what he does anytime Dwyane comes off screens. They always either grab his shirt or hand. It's a little bit of a tactic down below the body. The officials can't see it. So he had Dwyane's hand and tried to pull it out of there."

Wade initially stayed in the game, but came out after the next timeout. He went to the locker room for X-rays, which were negative, and didn't return. He was to have an MRI on Thursday.

Wade had an injury to his right wrist this summer.

"It felt like my wrist got pulled out of place. It's pretty painful. It feels like it got yanked out of the socket. I don't have any strength in it. I knew I was done," said Wade, who left the arena with his wrist wrapped.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/1.../ap3285159.html

Wade himself corroborated this claim, adding, "Yes, Hinrich pulled on it. That's what happened."

Upon hearing this, Hinrich just rolled his eyes and shrugged off the accusation. ?I wasn?t in any way trying to hurt him? I was chasing him off the screen and then there?s contact. I don?t know if he got tangled up or whatever, and then he started grabbing his hand.?

He then added, ?I can?t worry about Pat Riley; I can only worry about myself.?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_20104.shtml

Wade's been complaining about this for years now. I'm sure others probably have as well. I don't know if Hinrich intended to grab Dwyane's hand, but he definetly was looking to grab him and slow him down off the screen. He's also known for undercutting the jump shooter, like Bruce Bowen does. The league should take steps to clean this up. Of course with the current state of officiating the NBA, nothing is likely to change all that much. Let's just hope that Wade is alright and can get back in the lineup by Friday's game.

John Paxon on Riley's comments:

"I can understand why he would defend Wade. He's got to get him healthy so he can shoot another 50 free throws in the playoffs."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's ok Heat fans. He'll be healthy in plenty of time to shoot 30 free throws a game in the playoffs.

I'm sure Hinrich isn't the only player that grabs onto a guy when chasing him through a screen.

:lol

Chris Simms shirt in your sig rocks!! Nice find dude :thumbup

Thanks

"I can understand why he would defend Wade. He's got to get him healthy so he can shoot another 50 free throws in the playoffs."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's ok Heat fans. He'll be healthy in plenty of time to shoot 30 free throws a game in the playoffs.

I'm sure Hinrich isn't the only player that grabs onto a guy when chasing him through a screen.

Thanks

OMGSS TEE HEE HEE~!!!!

I HAVE NEVA HEARD THAT B4!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH ROFLMAO!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks

OMGSS TEE HEE HEE~!!!!

I HAVE NEVA HEARD THAT B4!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH ROFLMAO!!!!

I've never heard John Paxon say it before.