Rage Against The Machine is back!

JetsMania

Those Rage tickets are a real hot item right now. That band has quite a following...especially in LA, I guess.

Single-day tickets for Sunday are going for at least $200 on Ebay right now, which is more than I spent on the entire weekend pass.

Have you posted yours yet? If you havent I would advise you to do so, because if they announce any sort of tour, then you can expect the prices to drop.

I want very much to post mine, but the presale I got it from is run by some company called The Ducat King, and they don't ship their tickets until 2 weeks before the event. So, we should still have plenty of time to post them, but the prices may not be as high. Oh well...

But prevailing wisdom on the boards is that Rage won't announce a tour until after Coachella (if they announce at all)...

And this from the Coachella board:

Tom Morello already said this is a one time thing on his MySpace page bulletin

Date: Jan 23, 2007 2:48 PM

Subject to answer your questions:

Body: yes, this rage performance is a ONE TIME thing.

So...maybe we won't get $250 or whatever, but we should be alright.

I want very much to post mine, but the presale I got it from is run by some company called The Ducat King, and they don't ship their tickets until 2 weeks before the event. So, we should still have plenty of time to post them, but the prices may not be as high. Oh well...

But prevailing wisdom on the boards is that Rage won't announce a tour until after Coachella (if they announce at all)...

And this from the Coachella board:

Tom Morello already said this is a one time thing on his MySpace page bulletin

Date: Jan 23, 2007 2:48 PM

Subject to answer your questions:

Body: yes, this rage performance is a ONE TIME thing.

So...maybe we won't get $250 or whatever, but we should be alright.

well you can always write in your auction that tickets wont be sent out until 2 weeks before the show. On stubhub they are going for about 200+ each.

Oh, I don't know...I'd like to give you a deal, but it's an expensive trip, and if I can use this to defer some of the cost of the trip, then I should do that.

They're going for $200+ right now...I'd be happy to sell you one for $150, but honestly, if you wait a bit you may be able to find a better deal. Or it could get worse...it's hard to say. They may still release more single day tickets, so if you're seriously thinking about going, you may want to see if you can get one of those...and then even if you decide not to go, you'll be able to sell it at a profit.

AUDIOSLAVE/ex-RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello spoke to MTV.com about RAGE's decision to reunite for the eighth annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, on April 29. According to Morello, RAGE will be taking the stage with a singular mission in mind.

"To deliver a knockout blow to the Bush administration," Morello explained in his first interview since RAGE's reunion announcement January 22. "And hopefully, one night in the desert is all it will take. They're teetering, so ..."

"Is it coincidence that in the seven years that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been away that the country has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not," he said. "It occurred to all of us that the times were right to see if we can knock the Bush administration out in one fell swoop, and we hope to do that job well. This administration has done enough damage that it may take generations to undo. This is an administration that believes it's beyond the laws of the land, which is fine for emperors, but not so great for presidents. One thing this president isn't above is the laws of physics, and there is no action without reaction. And we're part of that reaction."

For now, RAGE are playing just one show, Morello said ? but he wouldn't rule out the possibility of future RAGE activities.

AUDIOSLAVE/ex-RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello spoke to MTV.com about RAGE's decision to reunite for the eighth annual Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, on April 29. According to Morello, RAGE will be taking the stage with a singular mission in mind.

"To deliver a knockout blow to the Bush administration," Morello explained in his first interview since RAGE's reunion announcement January 22. "And hopefully, one night in the desert is all it will take. They're teetering, so ..."

"Is it coincidence that in the seven years that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been away that the country has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not," he said. "It occurred to all of us that the times were right to see if we can knock the Bush administration out in one fell swoop, and we hope to do that job well. This administration has done enough damage that it may take generations to undo. This is an administration that believes it's beyond the laws of the land, which is fine for emperors, but not so great for presidents. One thing this president isn't above is the laws of physics, and there is no action without reaction. And we're part of that reaction."

For now, RAGE are playing just one show, Morello said ? but he wouldn't rule out the possibility of future RAGE activities.

thats the line I wanted to see

and this is the reason I have zero interest in a RATM show

"Is it coincidence that in the seven years that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been away that the country has slid into right-wing purgatory? I think not,"

Lets also rememeber that their last show was right across the street from the DNC back in 2000. So I dont think they like either side.

neither do i - shame they think they are intelligent & political, because musically I could get behind the sound - it just off putting anytime they open their mouths

I dont pay attention to the rest of the stuff. I just like them because of their music not because they want "to take down the administration" during their one show. Like Bush even knows who they are let alone knows they are playing a concert.

Oh well, they have alot of good songs.

neither do i - shame they think they are intelligent & political, because musically I could get behind the sound - it just off putting anytime they open their mouths

Oh for christ sakes man the band's name is Rage Against the Machine, what do you thing they're going to sing, the national anthem?

what good rock band doesn't have a bunch of political anti-authority songs anyway?

might as well wish blues singers would stop singing about heartbreak...

• 3 weeks later...

Well this one show thing was not going to last.

Just announced 3 more shows! Its called "Rock the bells"

Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan

July 28 in New York

Aug 11 San Fran

Aug 18 L.A.

I am definetly going to the new york show. I'll probably just skip wu tang and just go see rage.

www.blabbermouth.net is the source

Oh for christ sakes man the band's name is Rage Against the Machine, what do you thing they're going to sing, the national anthem?

what good rock band doesn't have a bunch of political anti-authority songs anyway?

might as well wish blues singers would stop singing about heartbreak...

You ask, I shall answer :mischief

The Church

:whistle

When are they coming to MIA!!!!

I am sure they will start tour. the article said that since tickets for their day at coachella sold out 80 days in advance and there were so many people who wanted to see them, they decided to add more dates. Once these shows sell out they will see that they can make alot of money. I wouldnt be suprised if they ended up just adding a few more big cities so they can make some $$$.

Well this one show thing was not going to last.

Just announced 3 more shows! Its called "Rock the bells"

Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan

July 28 in New York

Aug 11 San Fran

Aug 18 L.A.

I am definetly going to the new york show. I'll probably just skip wu tang and just go see rage.

www.blabbermouth.net is the source

Hey Jets, so when are these tickets going on sale???