Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coral Gables

Featured Replies

I was hoping someone from that area could help me out. I've just been offered a job in the CG area and I am considering a relocation from Hollywood Beach to CG. It is about a 45 minute drive from where I am at now, but I don't even want to think about the traffic from 7-9 AM and 4-6 PM.

 

Any suggestions on some new trendy condos in the area or maybe even downtown Miami? Even just thoughts about the area will be helpful. I lived in South Florida my whole life, but never in Dade County. Figured this would be the board to find out. TIA.

I live in Coral Gables and was fortunate enough to close on my property in 2003 before the real estate boom. I do not know what part of Gables you will be working or the level of income you will make however if you are going to buy there is this beautiful development that will be taking place soon and are now being offered at pre-construction price. Very pricey if interested it's called OldSpanishVillage.com it will be across from Cristy's restaraunt and corner from the Coral Gables court house right off of Ponce DeLeon. That area will be nice once completed and you will be walking distance to all the great restaraunts, miracle mile, etc. There are also plenty of rentals around the Coral Gables area. Good luck.

I would look into the condos in the Brickell or the Brickell Key area which is just south of downtown and is 5 to 10 miles from just about anywhere in Coral Gables and you'll be going against traffic. Hollywood is only abotu 20 or 25 minutes so it wouldn't be too bad if you still have family there.

I don't know too much about the developments that are popping up in Coral Gables, though personally, the area is too landlocked for my taste.

 

If you have the money, though, you might want to consider Brickell. There are plenty of hip, educated, well-to-do people there, including a good number of young people. It has great access to highways, and like polo said, the rush hour commute would be totally counter-traffic, since Brickell is in downtown. The commute between CG would be negligible.

 

South Beach is an even better place to live for a 20-something year-old. And the portion of the commute between the beach and downtown isn't as bad as you would think during rush hour.

 

That said, this is a dreadful time to buy a condo. Come 2008, this market is projected to have the 2nd-steepest price drop out of any market in the whole country, with the bulk of that price drop in the condos sector. (Broward isn't far behind, though.) The market is being absolutely flooded to all hell with condos.

depends on your budget.. but the nicer new apartments got for about 1300-1500+ a month for a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment in brickell or coral gables near the miracle mile.

 

you can always find older ones that are still good for cheaper.. of course if you can afford it, go for it.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Big Thanks for all the advice. I have another question maybe someone could answer for me- What time is traffic the worst coming from the north? Do any shortcuts exist coming from East Hollywood going to Coral Gables? Would the Tri-Rail be a good option (this company pays for any mass transit). I think I'd rather sit in the Tri-Rail for an hour instead of sitting in traffic from 6-8 AM, if its really that bad. Thanks again.

im not too sure but i would guess that traffic on the way down would be pretty bad.. assuming it is like the traffic going north at 5:30 pm.

 

Once you get to South Beach or Downtown exits off 95 it would be smooth sailing though, as all traffic is going north after that.

 

no idea on the turnpike but you could take it down and get off at 8th street to get to CG.

Are you working off or near Ponce DeLeon? Many commuters have been taking the Metro rail then getting off at Douglas station to ride the free Coral Gables Trolley that takes you into Gables along the Ponce DeLeon route. So if you did and you wanted that option tri-rail does link with metro-rail.

Big Thanks for all the advice. I have another question maybe someone could answer for me- What time is traffic the worst coming from the north? Do any shortcuts exist coming from East Hollywood going to Coral Gables? Would the Tri-Rail be a good option (this company pays for any mass transit). I think I'd rather sit in the Tri-Rail for an hour instead of sitting in traffic from 6-8 AM, if its really that bad. Thanks again.

Tri-Rail is an option, but a pretty bad one. I'd much rather sit through traffic than take TriRail, Metrorail and a bus

Beware of the street "signs" in Coral Gables. As a kid growing up in Westchester, trips down Coral Way into Coral Gables usually involved my father using expletives.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.