Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crazy Stuff: Back to the Future Movie

Featured Replies

I don't know if you guys ever seen the Back to the Future Movie.

 

When marty goes in the future, he sees a headline 'Chicago Cubs beats Miami in the World Series' . . . .

 

One of my Cubs friends reminded me of this. I said we aren't the Miami Marlins, we are the Florida Marlins.

 

Crazy huh?

  • Author

This is what I was told it happend on the movie,

 

Marty McFly: 'Cubs win world series against Miami'?

 

Old Terry: Yeah. Who would've thought? 100 to 1 shot! I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubs.

 

Marty McFly: I just meant Miami-...what did you just say?

 

Old Terry: I said I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubbies!

No. Isn't it something like Florida Wins World Series! He looks at the date and he's actually in 1997?

yeah the Cubs swept the Miami Gators in the 2015 Series...

 

just remember what Doc Brown said:

 

"The future isn't written yet, you can make it whatever you want it to be..."

 

cubs haven't won yet

 

(although I would be sorely tempted to look in that Sports ALmanac of Marty's to see who goes to the Fall Classic this year)

What year did it say that was?? i know acouple yrs ago people started a rumor sayin it was like 2000 and everyone thought it was goin to happen but i know it wasnt 2000 in the movie. any ideas?

and if anyone remembers that old Sea Quest DSV show with Roy Scheifer (of Jaws fame), a character on the show had a shirt that said Florida Marlins 2019 World Champs

and if anyone remembers that old Sea Quest DSV show with Roy Scheifer (of Jaws fame), a character on the show had a shirt that said Florida Marlins 2019 World Champs

I remember that. I don't know how or why, but I remember that

This is what I was told it happend on the movie,

 

Marty McFly: 'Cubs win world series against Miami'?

 

Old Terry: Yeah. Who would've thought? 100 to 1 shot! I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubs.

 

Marty McFly: I just meant Miami-...what did you just say?

 

Old Terry: I said I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubbies!

there was speculation once that Florida would go to AL..hmmmmmm

What year did it say that was?? i know acouple yrs ago people started a rumor sayin it was like 2000 and everyone thought it was goin to happen but i know it wasnt 2000 in the movie. any ideas?

2015

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.