Cats vs. Bruins

Fishfan79

Despite Saturday's blow out win against the Bruins, the Panthers will likely move all or most of their unrestricted free agents by Tuesday's NHL trade deadline.

Look for Florida GM and coach Jacques Martin to deal Gary Roberts, Martin Gelinas, Jozef Stumpel and possibly Todd Bertuzzi to contenders for young players and draft picks over the next few days.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/panthers/cont...notes_0225.html

Anyways I was at last nights game. Tons of fun! Here are some pics and videos from the night...

Stanley's Entrance

More photos at my gallery here. You can check more videos here.

That was a big win for us. For some reason we have owned the bruins the past few years. We went 4-0 this year vs them.

I think its to late though. Unless bertuzzi comes back and we go on a 5 game winning streak then we pretty much are out of it.

As much as i'd love the Panthers to make the playoffs, there is just no way. Yes, they played great last night, but that usually means a bad loss is on its way next game. Start trading the UFA's and look toward next season.

Gary Roberts for Antione Vermette out in Ottawa please

Agreed.

We could get a fairly big return on Stumpy, though I don't know if Jacques will trade him considering that I think he has played his way into an extension down here if he chooses.

What would be a coup is if we could get Detroit to give up one of its prized goaltending prospects for Roberts, Gelinas, or Stumpel, though.

Our two best goalie prospects (Plante being the better of the two) are still a good two to three years from the NHL.

My dream is to get another finisher in the goal scoring department. One that is already proven.

TRADE DAY

The Panthers could be active on the trade front today. Martin said Saturday that he has spoken to players with season-ending contracts about returning next season. Those players who want to return might be taken off the market, although Martin said not to expect players to sign extentions this week, as was the case last year.

Rumors have swirled around veterans Gary Roberts, Gelinas, Jozef Stumpel and Ed Belfour being moved by Tuesday's deadline. All four have contracts that expire at the end of the season.

''There is no doubt I think a lot of those players,'' Martin said, ``but I have a responsibility to the organization to improve this team.

``If I feel we can acquire a player who can help us, you have to make those decisions. . . . I have a pretty good idea on who wants to come back.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ey/16783566.htm