Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Carter on Jews

Featured Replies

I think the point is that initially Muhammad had his followers face Jerusalem, but when the Jewish tribes in Medina rebuffed him he made his followers change direction.

In addition, if you read your history, you will realize that Arab Muslim nations treated Jews a lot better than the European nations ever did, or Russia for that matter. They were at least somewhat tolerant of the religion. The Koran also says to respect Christians and Jews, as they are "Children of the Book". Jesus is revered as a prophet in Islam, although not as much as Muhammed, of course.

All true, but the Muslims in power in the middle east don't believe that.

 

 

 

 

Find me one Muslim government that is openly friendly with Israel in the Middle East.

 

 

I thought so.

In addition, if you read your history, you will realize that Arab Muslim nations treated Jews a lot better than the European nations ever did, or Russia for that matter. They were at least somewhat tolerant of the religion. The Koran also says to respect Christians and Jews, as they are "Children of the Book". Jesus is revered as a prophet in Islam, although not as much as Muhammed, of course.

All true, but the Muslims in power in the middle east don't believe that.

 

 

 

 

Find me one Muslim government that is openly friendly with Israel in the Middle East.

 

 

I thought so.

 

 

I'm Chrisitan but my dad is Muslim and I have ties to Palestine

and for one nation friendly to Isreal I can name:

 

Egypt (the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty was signed in 1979)

Turkey (On March 28, 1949)

Jordan (the Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace was signed in 1994)

All of the non-Arab Muslim states and 39/43 Sub-Saharan States (mostly Muslim)

Qatar

U.A.E.

The PLO under Mahommoud Abbas

Not friendly but not hated: Indonesia and Bangledesh

I know its not considered Middle East but all of the Muslim states of Central Asia Kahzahkastan, Turkenistan, Azerbaija, etc.

On October 1, 1994, the Gulf States publicly announced their support for a review of the Arab boycott, in effect abolishing the secondary and tertiary boycotts against Israel.

 

Yes there is still anger against Israel, but it was the Palestinians that lost their homeland.

Yet all over we only hear Anti-Muslim rhetoric its essentially one sided.

 

Yes I know of the unholy trinity of Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia

I agree Ahmadinjead is a lunatic and has cause nothing but problems for Iran and even the hardliners ayatollahs regret falling behind him. Its one madman eventually he'll move on and fade away.

 

I'm not saying Muslims don't have strong feelings against Isreal

but is it also true the same for Israel against Muslims

Its essentially a circle of hate, stubborness, and the most unique circumstances in the world.

In addition, if you read your history, you will realize that Arab Muslim nations treated Jews a lot better than the European nations ever did, or Russia for that matter. They were at least somewhat tolerant of the religion. The Koran also says to respect Christians and Jews, as they are "Children of the Book". Jesus is revered as a prophet in Islam, although not as much as Muhammed, of course.

All true, but the Muslims in power in the middle east don't believe that.

 

 

 

 

Find me one Muslim government that is openly friendly with Israel in the Middle East.

 

 

I thought so.

 

Turkey is a strong and important ally of Israel. Alot of Arab countries share a cold peace with Israel and enjoy a good deal of trade, that isn't "openly friendly" but both sides aren't completely intransigent.

 

I understand your point but I think generalizations like that really hurt discussions about the Middle East and like mlowell1 said the hatred goes both ways.

In addition, if you read your history, you will realize that Arab Muslim nations treated Jews a lot better than the European nations ever did, or Russia for that matter. They were at least somewhat tolerant of the religion. The Koran also says to respect Christians and Jews, as they are "Children of the Book". Jesus is revered as a prophet in Islam, although not as much as Muhammed, of course.

All true, but the Muslims in power in the middle east don't believe that.

 

 

 

 

Find me one Muslim government that is openly friendly with Israel in the Middle East.

 

 

I thought so.

 

Turkey is a strong and important ally of Israel. Alot of Arab countries share a cold peace with Israel and enjoy a good deal of trade, that isn't "openly friendly" but both sides aren't completely intransigent.

 

I understand your point but I think generalizations like that really hurt discussions about the Middle East and like mlowell1 said the hatred goes both ways.

 

You would think a jewish people, being the biggest victim of broad generalizations, would avoid them. But apparently not. Just goes to show where the problems come from.

In addition, if you read your history, you will realize that Arab Muslim nations treated Jews a lot better than the European nations ever did, or Russia for that matter. They were at least somewhat tolerant of the religion. The Koran also says to respect Christians and Jews, as they are "Children of the Book". Jesus is revered as a prophet in Islam, although not as much as Muhammed, of course.

All true, but the Muslims in power in the middle east don't believe that.

 

 

 

 

Find me one Muslim government that is openly friendly with Israel in the Middle East.

 

 

I thought so.

 

Turkey is a strong and important ally of Israel. Alot of Arab countries share a cold peace with Israel and enjoy a good deal of trade, that isn't "openly friendly" but both sides aren't completely intransigent.

 

I understand your point but I think generalizations like that really hurt discussions about the Middle East and like mlowell1 said the hatred goes both ways.

I forgot about Turkey, but I don't really consider Turkey Middle East as much as it is Europe. But I see your point.

 

 

 

And Egypt and Jordan are by no means friends of Israel, but there is economic incentive for them not to try to pull of another invasion of Israel.

 

 

And again, there is no such thing as a Palestinian Arab. That was a creation of the 1967 war.

 

 

Finally, one cannot really say much about Mahmoud Abbas's friendliness with Israel because he doesn't really control the government of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Until he does, its a moot point because Hamas is in charge.

I'm Chrisitan but my dad is Muslim and I have ties to Palestine

and for one nation friendly to Isreal I can name:

 

Egypt (the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty was signed in 1979)

Turkey (On March 28, 1949)

Jordan (the Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace was signed in 1994)

All of the non-Arab Muslim states and 39/43 Sub-Saharan States (mostly Muslim)

Qatar

U.A.E.

The PLO under Mahommoud Abbas

Not friendly but not hated: Indonesia and Bangledesh

I know its not considered Middle East but all of the Muslim states of Central Asia Kahzahkastan, Turkenistan, Azerbaija, etc.

On October 1, 1994, the Gulf States publicly announced their support for a review of the Arab boycott, in effect abolishing the secondary and tertiary boycotts against Israel.

 

Africa : Algeria, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Guinea, Libya, Mali, Niger, Somalia, Sudan

Americas : Cuba

East Asia : North Korea

South Asia : Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan

Southeast Asia : Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia

Southwest Asia : Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Bahrain

 

That is only UN member states. Only the bold-faced nations are not muslim, and plenty of them are not Arab.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.