Beer is my friend.

Bradcore

Here is my latest over the top beer review

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout

The pitch black liquid slowly gushes into the ample mouthed glass. Powerful notes of bourbon serenade the cool winter’s air. He slowly tips his head back and gently savors the dark barrel aged stout. Darkness much like the one seen by a child lured into a windowless van. He recalls of another life…

Johnny didn’t know how to explain an obtuse triangle when asked by Mr. Feltersnatch. His face turned bright red like a tomato reaching maturity. Riiiiiinnnnnnng Riiiiinnnnng rang through the air. Luckily, Johnny was spared from further embarrassment as the bell signaled the conclusion of class. He rustled up his backpack and quickly slithered out the side door. “I’ll show them!� he murmured as he walked with his head lowered.

“You’ll show who?� echoed a voice from the snow covered parking lot. As Johnny looked up, he saw a man with a thick curly mustache, paint tainted skinny jeans and a partially ripped tank top. Quite a peculiar outfit to be wearing in the heart of the Minnesotan winter. The stranger asked Johnny if he liked chocolate molasses. “Very much so�, Johnny replied. “Then follow me my little cricket, I have more in the car� entreated the spookish fellow.

The final sips of the wonderful barley pop reach a climax. The car speeds off. His screams are no more.

Traded and ordered online (stores can ship to Florida).

Wow, how did you get Speedway Stout BA?

Thats on my list of beers I am seeking and haven't, along with CBS, Dark Lord, Zombie Dust, Hopslam and Nugget Nectar.

A friend traded for the BA Speedway. Someone opened a CBS at the Olde Rabbit's Foot release, and I thought it was good, although everyone seemed to insist that the maple which made it distinctive had faded and so it was past its prime.

Those last 3 should be fairly easy to obtain by trading good, limited locals. All are quality beers, for sure.Ended up trading for a Mother of All Storms and 2011 Dark Lord today! Very excited for both.

I found out that I can get Nugget Nectar at one of the stores in Mass, which is just a few miles from where I live. I'll have to trade for the other two, probably Heady Topper for them.

Thats on my list of beers I am seeking and haven't, along with CBS, Dark Lord, Zombie Dust, Hopslam and Nugget Nectar.

A friend traded for the BA Speedway. Someone opened a CBS at the Olde Rabbit's Foot release, and I thought it was good, although everyone seemed to insist that the maple which made it distinctive had faded and so it was past its prime.

Those last 3 should be fairly easy to obtain by trading good, limited locals. All are quality beers, for sure.Ended up trading for a Mother of All Storms and 2011 Dark Lord today! Very excited for both.

I found out that I can get Nugget Nectar at one of the stores in Mass, which is just a few miles from where I live. I'll have to trade for the other two, probably Heady Topper for them.

How close to VT are you? I'm actually coming up that way in March; can't wait to get my hands on some Hill Farmstead, Lawson's FInest Liquids, and of course Heady Topper!

How close to VT are you? I'm actually coming up that way in March; can't wait to get my hands on some Hill Farmstead, Lawson's FInest Liquids, and of course Heady Topper!

I'm about 3.5 hours from Waterbury, VT (Alchemiist Brewery). A friend of mine is visiting my the first weekend in March, and we'll be driving up that weekend. If Kate the Great Day is still going on, we'll be going to that in Portsmouth, NH.

I'm about 3.5 hours from Waterbury, VT (Alchemiist Brewery). A friend of mine is visiting my the first weekend in March, and we'll be driving up that weekend. If Kate the Great Day is still going on, we'll be going to that in Portsmouth, NH.

That's awesome. I'll be up there the next weekend.

Unfortunately, ain't gonna be no Kate Day, sir: http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/smuttynose-and-portsmouth-brewing-news-a-look-at-2013-including-kate-the-greats-future/

We know the story behind Tod Leaving Portsmouth last year, we are wondering if any agreements have been reached regarding Kate The Great or it’s successor?

“Nope. Nothing brewed, nothing planned.�

Only certain companies have those little kegs right?

At the moment, only Heineken, Heineken light and Newcastle are available in the US for that system. Hopefully they'll be others in the future.

What he said.

It's a cool novelty idea. I'm hoping they expand on it so I don't have to be stuck between those 3. I've really grown to dislike Heineken, but that's strictly from the bottle now I guess.

Only certain companies have those little kegs right?

At the moment, only Heineken, Heineken light and Newcastle are available in the US for that system. Hopefully they'll be others in the future.

What he said.

It's a cool novelty idea. I'm hoping they expand on it so I don't have to be stuck between those 3. I've really grown to dislike Heineken, but that's strictly from the bottle now I guess.

Probably because it's really hard to get a bottle that's not already skunked from light exposure (because of the green bottle).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was messing around and reading this thread coming back from Napa, CA ... unfortunately I was at the airport and not able to go and run for some of the Russian River beers .... it had been well over a year since i had checked into this thread

however, you guys did put hopslam onto my radar and noted it was at total wine ..... justified the $20 six-pack to my wife noting that it would last longer than the $20 bottle of wine also in my cart and got to work .... really enjoyed it

yikes ... I grabbed the 2nd to last six pack off the shelf at total wine

there were a couple good beer stores by the hotel ..... I didn't wander over as we had an open bar with some good options pretty much every night and on work trips it's hard to really do much for yourself .... although one of my bosses from a different office did make his way over and grab a couple IPAs to have in the courtyard before heading out to dinner that night

definitely too far to make it to the actual brewery .... but distribution radius is better than getting about anything into Phoenix (although it's getting a lot better and the beer scene has improved greatly since I moved here almost 10 years ago and the most exotic tap you'd find in most locations was amber bock) ..... we now have a growler law where bars and other licensed establishments that have taps can sell growlers - which used to be reserved just for the breweries - still pretty new, but a couple places have embraced it .... also the local breweries are definitely growing which is great and with BevMo and now total wine coming full speed into the state to compliment AJs (upscale grocery), WorldMarket and a couple specialty shops the selection is much improved .......... still not the easiest state to distribute into though (which I doubt is in any small part to Cindy McCain holding the largest AB distributor and a massive company)

Drink the Firestone XV yet? Someone told me it's falling off a bit...

Yes I did. I had the XV and the XVI back to back during the superbowl. It was enjoyable, but I don't know if I'd buy it again.

I just picked up some Maine Beer Company Lil One and Jack's Abby Hoponious Union (bottled 10 days ago).

In more important news http://philly.thedrinknation.com/articles/read/9984-Where-to-Find-Pliny-the-Younger-in-Philadelphia-2013-Edition-# I think you might be able to get Pliny the Younger during your trip.

Yes I did. I had the XV and the XVI back to back during the superbowl. It was enjoyable, but I don't know if I'd buy it again.

I just picked up some Maine Beer Company Lil One and Jack's Abby Hoponious Union (bottled 10 days ago).

In more important news http://philly.thedrinknation.com/articles/read/9984-Where-to-Find-Pliny-the-Younger-in-Philadelphia-2013-Edition-# I think you might be able to get Pliny the Younger during your trip.

Wow. The question is whether I want to drive out of my way from NY to Philly, out to have to head to Cambridge the same day, and then also wait in line for a while.

Wow. The question is whether I want to drive out of my way from NY to Philly, out to have to head to Cambridge the same day, and then also wait in line for a while.

Is that really a question? Of course you should.

More dates will be added. I'd keep checking that website. I'm sure they'll add either March 9th or 10th as well.