Mets realease Alay Soler

I dont believe he ever made a start against us, definitely not during the regular season. He was dominant with the Cuban national team and I know he was dominant at most if not all levels of the minors that he pitched at. I have to assume he will end up somewhere and obviously we have a lot of pitching depth in the organization so I dont want to be one of the people that jumps and says "make it happen" (but I wouldnt mind)....

Just looked up some stats (all last yr):

In 30.2 IP at St Lucie he had a .6 ERA 33 Ks and 9 BBs

In 19.2 IP at Binghamton he complied a 2.75 ERA with 22 Ks and 3 BBs

He went 10 innings in 2 starts at Norfolk and had a 6.3 ERA with 12 Ks and 4 BBs

If you Google news search Alaly Soler and get past the fifteen pages of stories regarding his release there's a couple of interesting quotes like the one below:

"While most of the focus yesterday was on the starter, Oliver Perez, could the forgotten Alay Soler wind up crashing the party? Soler followed Perez with two scoreless innings in the Mets' 5-4 loss to the Tigers, and manager Willie Randolph had nothing but praise for the Cuban defector, who had fallen off the radar screen lately.

"He's in a lot better shape," Randolph said. "When I'm working out in the morning, he's right next to me, hitting the treadmill and hitting the weights and stuff. When you see him from a distance on the field, he did look a lot slimmer. Give him some credit.""

http://www.amny.com/sports/baseball/ny-spm...eball-headlines