Time to try Hermida at the leadoff spot

Iowa

This has nothing to do with Fredo's play.. I think hes done a great job this year for us at the leadoff spot.

But I think its time to shake things up. I know its not the offenses fault we're losing games, for the most part, but with Jake back and giving us another LH bat in the 6 spot, i say shake things up... see if Hermida can get it going at the top of the lineup. If anything, itd be interesting to see how he responds to a new role. If he can get it going like we know he can, a 1-6 of Hermida, Uggla, Hanley, Cabs, Hammer and Jake has the potential to be pretty damn good, imo.

..and fwiw, im all for boone playing vs. lefties and getting as many ABs as possible.. hes deserved it. Jake just needs to play.

This has nothing to do with Fredo's play.. I think hes done a great job this year for us at the leadoff spot.

But I think its time to shake things up. I know its not the offenses fault we're losing games, for the most part, but with Jake back and giving us another LH bat in the 6 spot, i say shake things up... see if Hermida can get it going at the top of the lineup. If anything, itd be interesting to see how he responds to a new role. If he can get it going like we know he can, a 1-6 of Hermida, Uggla, Hanley, Cabs, Hammer and Jake has the potential to be pretty damn good, imo.

..and fwiw, im all for boone playing vs. lefties and getting as many ABs as possible.. hes deserved it. Jake just needs to play.

Hermida is our player best suited to the role.

Hermida, Hanley, Amezega... I don't care, as long as its not Carroll.

I was at the game today and after Kim had his at bat, I thought to myself, "Ok, good, top of the lineup" but then I realized Carroll was batting leadoff and we were doomed for that inning.

Conceding doom when Carroll is batting is lunacy.

Originally i thought hanley in the 3 spot was fine until jake came back, then we could move him back to leadoff.. but now im in love with the 3-4 of hanley/cabs and hope we see that combo for a long time. As for uggla, im in the group that wants him not moving from the #2 spot.

I was at the game today and after Kim had his at bat, I thought to myself, "Ok, good, top of the lineup" but then I realized Carroll was batting leadoff and we were doomed for that inning.

Well he went 0 for 4 today and really hurt us at some key times during the game. The man only has 3 major league hits and is batting .158 now.

I know he's a rookie and I think he will improve, but today, I really don't understand why Amezega or Hermida didn't start instead of him.

Well he went 0 for 4 today and really hurt us at some key times during the game. The man only has 3 major league hits and is batting .158 now.

I know he's a rookie and I think he will improve, but today, I really don't understand why Amezega or Hermida didn't start instead of him.

Hes had 19 at bats and has been killing the ball all year. Some on this site are so fickle.

As for uggla, im in the group that wants him not moving from the #2 spot.

Why?

I mean, I'm no expert, but I'd say it probably has something to do with him hitting for an .834 OPS this year and his sort of absurd .841 OPS last year in the 2nd spot. It's the place he has the most success.

Why?

I mean, I'm no expert, but I'd say it probably has something to do with him hitting for an .834 OPS this year and his sort of absurd .841 OPS last year in the 2nd spot. It's the place he has the most success.

He started slow last season, and was moved to the #2 spot. Then he picked it up.

He started slow this season, and didn't move at all. And he picked it up.

It is every bit as likely that getting into the groove of the season helped him pick up his numbers as it is a move to the #2 spot.

Why?

He started slow last season, and was moved to the #2 spot. Then he picked it up.

He started slow this season, and didn't move at all. And he picked it up.

It is every bit as likely that getting into the groove of the season helped him pick up his numbers as it is a move to the #2 spot.

But you can't really argue with the results. No real need to move him.

And either way, batting order has a negligible effect on overall performance. It really only comes into play at the beginning of games. If lineup protection was as important as people make it out to be, wouldn't it make more sense to spread your good hitters out to protect your bad ones? The fact is, most guys are going to hit exactly the same no matter where they hit, because once the first inning is over, the order doesn't really matter.