Bartman Movie already in the works

Craig

I don't know if it's a good idea giving this guy season tickets to watch the Fish. He might screw this team over like he did the Cubs :(

I said it before- give him ones behind the plate or something, so the net is there.

Pudgefan- I'd take the package too. Living down there free for 3 months- who wouldn't?

My favorite part of the story was:

"...On Thursday, memorabilia experts started to speculate on the price the cursed ball Bartman touched would fetch if it were offered at auction in the next couple of weeks.

"No true Cubs fan would want that ball, and I doubt a Florida Marlins fan would pay a lot of money for it," said Richard Russek, president of Grey Flannel, a sports auction house. "If someone paid $10,000 for it, it would be $9,000 too much."

Michael Heffner, managing partner of Leland's, another sports auction house, estimated the ball would command between $5,000 and $10,000 if it ever made it to the open market."

-----

If one auctioneer tells you this ball is essentially worth $1,000 and another thinks ten thousand then you can be assured the ball is worth two to five times whatever the higher number is. If the ball can be verified as authentic I bet either one of the two guys in the article would buy it for $25 grand tomorrow.

i want bartman in miami. where would you rather live-in cold chicago, or in sunny miami, where you'd be a hero

i believe he is a consultant, and my mom is a consultant. ive told her: offer that man a job :D

miami15 says he'd look like a complete a**hole

well, if he doesn't leave choketown soon, he might just be sleeping with the fishes

what makes all this worse is that he already had a ball from alou, then he takes a ball from alou and ruins chc season

besides, everyone knows his name (which he could change) but not many people know his face, which he also could change. he has a lot of options right now, but choketown definitely is not one :D

what makes all this worse is that he already had a ball from alou, then he takes a ball from alou and ruins chc season

besides, everyone knows his name (which he could change) but not many people know his face, which he also could change. he has a lot of options right now, but choketown definitely is not one :D

I beg to differ, more people probably know his face than his name.

Personally, I feel tremendous pain for the guy. I think everyone in Florida, from the Governor on down, and I like our governor, ought to just shut up and stop scapegoating (no pun intended) the guy. And all these free offers from radio stations and motels and this place and that are these thinly veiled PR stunts are the height of bad taste.

This must be hell on earth for him.

It's all very unfair what's happening to him, and from what I've read, his family and friends. I don't see how he escapes this without significant permanent pyschological damage. The media's treatment of him has been atrocious and they need to look at what they did and why they did it.

Had Fox not jumped all over it, instead treated it more or less like any other play, none of this would be happening. There would have been a fight in the stands and maybe they cut to that for a second. But once Fox made the decision to make it into a story, ESPN had to pick it up, everyone followed and now this guy's life is ruined.

I'm disgusted with the whole thing. It is so manifestly unfair.