Man Buys Plasma TV, $4.88

PitchingWinsGames

MONROE, La. - While Wal-Mart is known for dropping its prices, one West Monroe man took the ad campaign seriously when he dropped the price of a plasma television from $984 to $4.88. Police arrested Chandon L. Simms, 23, on Tuesday at the retail store on a charge of felony theft.

According to police reports, Simms carried a 42-inch Sanyo Plasma TV to a self-checkout aisle after switching the original price tag of $984 with one for only $4.88. Wal-Mart Loss Prevention officers witnessed the alleged transaction and called police.

When the store officers stopped Simms on his way out the door, he produced a receipt for a television purchased at the West Monroe Wal-Mart, authorities said.

Simms told officers that he purchased a TV from the West Monroe store and planned to returrn that one and keep the one he purchased for only $4.88 from the Monroe store. He was then arrested and booked into the Ouachita Correctional Center.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/odd_cheap_tv

Yeah, it was 5 bucks officer, look at the receipt... :whistle

*Not sure if this deserved Outfield or Bullpen honors*

I think that it's more amazing that the person at the register didn't stop it.

I think that it's more amazing that people dont read the entire article before posting.

"self-checkout counter"

Whoops.

I have no idea what those things look like, "self checkout" surprised there isn't more impropriety.

Guest Fritz

I think that it's more amazing that the person at the register didn't stop it.

I think that it's more amazing that people dont read the entire article before posting.

"self-checkout counter"

Whoops.

I have no idea what those things look like, "self checkout" surprised there isn't more impropriety.

Have you ever been to a Wal-Mart or Home Depot?

It's pretty hard to steal from them. There is usually an overseer standing there just in case.