Our american leaguers know Yanks...

jonnylons

Plus, they STILL play in New York a lot every year. It may not be the same atmosphere, but it's the same city.

As for knowing the Yanks, Niner might help a bit, but Enc has been out of the AL too long, that team has turned over too much. Helling might be useful for the pitchers, he started against them.

But, this team strikes me as the type who almost would rather NOT know as much about their opponents.

Good to see you over here, Keys.

It seems that the Marlins will have their most experienced players, as well as their most crucial, in a position of knowing the Yankees. Conine, Pudge - they are both having unbelievable postseasons, and their knowledge of the Yankees could help them here as well as be shared info for the rest of this young team.

I disagree about the Marlins needing to know little about their opponents (Big Hugg) because they have played NL opponents they did know - all too well. In fact, both the Giants and the Cubs had beaten the Marlins in the regular season. So, success doesnt intimidate them.

yes it will come in to play bc. the players who know the yanks more will most prob. have better at bats than the rest so maybe at the beg. of the series like in game 1 and 2-the players who know the yanks better like conine will prob. be pushed up in the lineup-but this marlins team can do anything they put thier mind to and they wanna beat the yanks so you can trust me that the marlins will get familiar with the yanks fairly quickly and they will have a great series and win the WS.

GO MARLINS!

Pudge, Conine, even Encarnacion - all know the Yankees. They have played in NY and know the team first hand. Conine especially...do you guys think this will come into play or not?

The way I see it is this... if they want to win, they need to look into the team's history. For example, who throws the fastballs and so forth. The more research they do and work that into the game, the better off they'll be. So yea, as long as they know the Yankees, they'll be okay, in my opinion.

Y'all seem to be forgetting Uggie. He was the American League saves leader before we acquired him. And I agree, Conine AND Helling know the Yankees best of all, being in the same division and playing so many games against them.

Boone on the otherhand didn't see much of The Fish this season, what was it six games? I like this matchup.

Go Fish !