I love John Daly

Iowa

Stories of him getting tanked at hooters and on the boats until like 6 in the morning the last couple days.. lol. What an athlete

Amazing hes about the only guy who could out draw tiger in the final round of a tournament.

Well you really dont have to be in shape to play golf.

Stories of him getting tanked at hooters and on the boats until like 6 in the morning the last couple days.. lol. What an athlete

Amazing hes about the only guy who could out draw tiger in the final round of a tournament.

or do nascar for that matter...but ive always like big john...he is a big teddy bear and a helluva a nice guy(i got to meet him when he played the ol CVS Charity Classic)

or do nascar for that matter...but ive always like big john...he is a big teddy bear and a helluva a nice guy(i got to meet him when he played the ol CVS Charity Classic)

Actually nascar is a lot harder than it looks. There is a reason everyone in nascar is in shape and with the exception of one or two drivers, all are under the age of 45. You do not have to be in shape to play golf and you can play it until you are 80. Hitting a ball and either walking or riding a cart to it does not require one to be fit.

Actually nascar is a lot harder than it looks. There is a reason everyone in nascar is in shape and with the exception of one or two drivers, all are under the age of 45. You do not have to be in shape to play golf and you can play it until you are 80. Hitting a ball and either walking or riding a cart to it does not require one to be fit.

tru drivers come out of the car drenched in sweat after a race...in the hot sun...not to mention stress of trying to win while not crashing at 200 mph for hundreds of laps

I've never seen a driver topless or w/e (only nascar I've seen is the off chance I watch sportscenter, and then the offchance something happened within nascar on that day, in which case they only show drivers in their full body driving suits.) and just assumed they were skinny, not fit, because of the massive heat within a car.

What athletic ability is needed for Nascar?

I'm serious, I don't know anything about it.

And while you certainly don't need to be fit to play golf, it helps a lot. Although how far a ball goes is almost all mechanics, strength still plays a factor. Plus the more fit you are, the less you tire out and can practice your swing/mechanics more (which is mostly why the old guys aren't fit, they don't really need to practice much anymore), and considering golf is basically all mechanics, more practice=better golfer. While I understand what you're getting at, at the same time just saying "you don't have to be fit to play golf" doesn't really mean much, because at the same time, you don't need to be fit to play any sports, but being in shape helps you more, and the same goes for golf. Not as much as other sports, and golf is by no means an athletic sport, but you take the same guy, and he's going to be a better golfer fit than out of shape.

My mom's college roommate is married to his manager/agent so I met him a few times when I was younger. There's a picture in a hooter's down in Miami somewhere of my dad, John, John's agent and a bunch of the hooter's girls taken during the weekend of one of the tournaments at Doral about a decade ago.

I've never seen a driver topless or w/e (only nascar I've seen is the off chance I watch sportscenter, and then the offchance something happened within nascar on that day, in which case they only show drivers in their full body driving suits.) and just assumed they were skinny, not fit, because of the massive heat within a car.

And while you certainly don't need to be fit to play golf, it helps a lot. Although how far a ball goes is almost all mechanics, strength still plays a factor. Plus the more fit you are, the less you tire out and can practice your swing/mechanics more (which is mostly why the old guys aren't fit, they don't really need to practice much anymore), and considering golf is basically all mechanics, more practice=better golfer. While I understand what you're getting at, at the same time just saying "you don't have to be fit to play golf" doesn't really mean much, because at the same time, you don't need to be fit to play any sports, but being in shape helps you more, and the same goes for golf. Not as much as other sports, and golf is by no means an athletic sport, but you take the same guy, and he's going to be a better golfer fit than out of shape.

NASCAR is about endurance. Example: In last night's Busch race, Jeff Burton's helmet cooler broke and he had to drive around for 200 laps with no fresh air coming into the car.

Tremendous ammount of stamina.

One of the exercises they do to train is, hold up a 25 pound weight with both hands (like you are holding a wheel) out in front of you for 20-30 min. Not only do you have to be fit, you have to be mentally fit. If you have a brain laps, you crash into 10 other cars. You need to be much more fit in nascar than you do at golf to be successful.

One of the exercises they do to train is, hold up a 25 pound weight with both hands (like you are holding a wheel) out in front of you for 20-30 min. Not only do you have to be fit, you have to be mentally fit. If you have a brain laps, you crash into 10 other cars. You need to be much more fit in nascar than you do at golf to be successful.

That's bulls*** when did you hear of that excerise for nascar?

That's bulls*** when did you hear of that excerise for nascar?

Let me find the place where I got that from. It may sound like bull, but the drivers train very hard.

I did just find this http://aol.mediresource.com/channel_sectio...lation_id=27576

The average oxygen consumed while racing was up to 13 times that of resting consumption levels, and drivers' heart rates were about 76% of the maximum (70% to 85% is the range for high-intensity exercise).

To improve racing performance, stay in shape and work out tension, drivers like Tony Stewart, Kyle Petty, and Jimmie Johnson have strict exercise regimens. For example, Stewart does cardio 6 days a week and weight training 3 or 4 days a week, and Petty runs up to 40 km every week. It's all part of the job.