Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Olli break his arm?

Featured Replies

  • Author

February 27th, but Olli Jokinen is talking like right now, or a couple weeks ago. The game is old, but his arm isnt. He played in that game and scored a hat trick in the second period.

one of his teammates probably broke it on purpose

 

 

........talk about over-exaggerating. i haven't heard one derogatory word about jokinen from players or anyone else. it sounds more like your own personal vendetta against him than any actual dislike from his teammates.

 

anyway, i dont think his arm is broken. he had a few surgeries right after the season. he was playing through quite a few injuries. i think he had a wrist surgery, so that could be why you see a cast.

February 27th, but Olli Jokinen is talking like right now, or a couple weeks ago. The game is old, but his arm isnt. He played in that game and scored a hat trick in the second period.

 

He had wrist surgery that requires the arm to be in a cast. Same reason why Van Ryn is also in a couple casts.

one of his teammates probably broke it on purpose

 

 

........talk about over-exaggerating. i haven't heard one derogatory word about jokinen from players or anyone else. it sounds more like your own personal vendetta against him than any actual dislike from his teammates.

 

anyway, i dont think his arm is broken. he had a few surgeries right after the season. he was playing through quite a few injuries. i think he had a wrist surgery, so that could be why you see a cast.

lol I like Olli

 

I have no vendetta at all against him. I'm telling you, his teammates do not like him.

 

If you don't want to believe that, I got no problems with that. Just telling you what I know.

one of his teammates probably broke it on purpose

 

 

........talk about over-exaggerating. i haven't heard one derogatory word about jokinen from players or anyone else. it sounds more like your own personal vendetta against him than any actual dislike from his teammates.

 

anyway, i dont think his arm is broken. he had a few surgeries right after the season. he was playing through quite a few injuries. i think he had a wrist surgery, so that could be why you see a cast.

lol I like Olli

 

I have no vendetta at all against him. I'm telling you, his teammates do not like him.

 

If you don't want to believe that, I got no problems with that. Just telling you what I know.

 

I bet they liked him on Feb. 27.

one of his teammates probably broke it on purpose

 

 

........talk about over-exaggerating. i haven't heard one derogatory word about jokinen from players or anyone else. it sounds more like your own personal vendetta against him than any actual dislike from his teammates.

 

anyway, i dont think his arm is broken. he had a few surgeries right after the season. he was playing through quite a few injuries. i think he had a wrist surgery, so that could be why you see a cast.

lol I like Olli

 

I have no vendetta at all against him. I'm telling you, his teammates do not like him.

 

If you don't want to believe that, I got no problems with that. Just telling you what I know.

What you know? Why, because John Vanbiesbrouck told you so? You couldn't be any more wrong than you are right now.

I've never said a word to Beezer in my entire life.

 

I have spoken to 3 current/former players, 2 people in the Panthers media and one very important man who has alot of input on team decisions

 

Hell, I like Olli alot. I think he's great.

 

He ain't liked by his teammates.

 

I've never been wrong about this stuff in the past, and I sure as hell ain't gonna be wrong here.

I've never said a word to Beezer in my entire life.

 

I have spoken to 3 current/former players, 2 people in the Panthers media and one very important man who has alot of input on team decisions

 

Hell, I like Olli alot. I think he's great.

 

He ain't liked by his teammates.

 

I've never been wrong about this stuff in the past, and I sure as hell ain't gonna be wrong here.

From Ville Peltonen:

 

There is no point in commenting on his leadership if one hasn?t been sitting in the same dressing room with Olli Jokinen. The whole team looks up to Olli and listens when he has something to say.

aren't they both from Finland?... of course he's gonna stick with his guy from his homeland

 

look, I don't care if you believe me... but I've yet to be wrong on anything so far that is newsworthy

 

eh... Beinfest4Prez? :mischief

aren't they both from Finland?... of course he's gonna stick with his guy from his homeland

 

look, I don't care if you believe me... but I've yet to be wrong on anything so far that is newsworthy

 

eh... Beinfest4Prez? :mischief

Everything I've heard and read from each of his teammates says that he is a motivational leader. Your baseball sources are usually reliable but I don't know where you got your news from this time.

aren't they both from Finland?... of course he's gonna stick with his guy from his homeland

 

look, I don't care if you believe me... but I've yet to be wrong on anything so far that is newsworthy

 

eh... Beinfest4Prez? :mischief

Everything I've heard and read from each of his teammates says that he is a motivational leader. Your baseball sources are usually reliable but I don't know where you got your news from this time.

my hockey sources :mischief

 

whatever... I'll keep firing out what I hear, and ya'll can take it anyway you want

I've never said a word to Beezer in my entire life.

 

I have spoken to 3 current/former players, 2 people in the Panthers media and one very important man who has alot of input on team decisions

 

Hell, I like Olli alot. I think he's great.

 

He ain't liked by his teammates.

 

I've never been wrong about this stuff in the past, and I sure as hell ain't gonna be wrong here.

 

i don't doubt that you have some connections - but i do doubt how you interpret what they tell you. or they're just misguiding you.

 

he may not be well liked by some of his teamates. but the way you word it makes it sounds like he's on an island alone in the locker room and quite frankly, even i can tell you that's not the case. according to one of the local writers (forgot which one) 7-8 current (and now former...belfour) panthers got together at jokinens house every weekend this offseason for some drinks and poker games. now why would they do that if they disliked him?

 

:thumbup

aren't they both from Finland?... of course he's gonna stick with his guy from his homeland

 

look, I don't care if you believe me... but I've yet to be wrong on anything so far that is newsworthy

 

eh... Beinfest4Prez? :mischief

Everything I've heard and read from each of his teammates says that he is a motivational leader. Your baseball sources are usually reliable but I don't know where you got your news from this time.

my hockey sources :mischief

 

whatever... I'll keep firing out what I hear, and ya'll can take it anyway you want

 

 

have you heard anything on:

 

weiss' contract negotiations?

 

bouwmeester's contract negotiations?

 

who/what they're planning to do now that gelinas signed in nashville?

aren't they both from Finland?... of course he's gonna stick with his guy from his homeland

 

look, I don't care if you believe me... but I've yet to be wrong on anything so far that is newsworthy

 

eh... Beinfest4Prez? :mischief

:mischief

I've never said a word to Beezer in my entire life.

 

I have spoken to 3 current/former players, 2 people in the Panthers media and one very important man who has alot of input on team decisions

 

Hell, I like Olli alot. I think he's great.

 

He ain't liked by his teammates.

 

I've never been wrong about this stuff in the past, and I sure as hell ain't gonna be wrong here.

 

i don't doubt that you have some connections - but i do doubt how you interpret what they tell you. or they're just misguiding you.

 

he may not be well liked by some of his teamates. but the way you word it makes it sounds like he's on an island alone in the locker room and quite frankly, even i can tell you that's not the case. according to one of the local writers (forgot which one) 7-8 current (and now former...belfour) panthers got together at jokinens house every weekend this offseason for some drinks and poker games. now why would they do that if they disliked him?

 

:thumbup

Right, he ain't on an island out there.... but he ain't the leader everyone wants him to be either and that's why he isn't as liked/revered as much as he could be

I've never said a word to Beezer in my entire life.

 

I have spoken to 3 current/former players, 2 people in the Panthers media and one very important man who has alot of input on team decisions

 

Hell, I like Olli alot. I think he's great.

 

He ain't liked by his teammates.

 

I've never been wrong about this stuff in the past, and I sure as hell ain't gonna be wrong here.

 

i don't doubt that you have some connections - but i do doubt how you interpret what they tell you. or they're just misguiding you.

 

he may not be well liked by some of his teamates. but the way you word it makes it sounds like he's on an island alone in the locker room and quite frankly, even i can tell you that's not the case. according to one of the local writers (forgot which one) 7-8 current (and now former...belfour) panthers got together at jokinens house every weekend this offseason for some drinks and poker games. now why would they do that if they disliked him?

 

:thumbup

Right, he ain't on an island out there.... but he ain't the leader everyone wants him to be either and that's why he isn't as liked/revered as much as he could be

 

the vibe i get from jokinen is he tries to hard to be a captain and at times, rubs people the wrong way because of it. ie: he might say something when something doesn't need to be said. that being said, he got the captaincy at a pretty young age so it's a bit unfair to him as well. he's learning on the job.

 

anyway, like i said, i dont doubt that you have connections, or that he isnt well liked by some guys, but you need to word it better because i know he isn't despised by all of the guys in that room. a handful...maybe. i don't really think its a serious problem because if it was....word would have leaked out by now. it's hard to keep internal especially when youre dealing with a player of jokinen's magnitude.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.