Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

best comedic performance by a non-comedian

Featured Replies

i just watched dumb and dumber again the other night and jeff daniels is absolutely brilliant in it...that said...what are some of MB.com

s favorite comedic performances by actors and actresses that are generally considered non-comedians?

John C. Reilly was hilarious in Talledega Nights.

 

Also De Niro in Meet The Parents.

i just watched dumb and dumber again the other night and jeff daniels is absolutely brilliant in it...that said...what are some of MB.com

s favorite comedic performances by actors and actresses that are generally considered non-comedians?

Yeah Jeff Daniels' performance in Dumb and Dumber is awesome.

 

Dumb and Dumber IMO is the greatest movie ever made.

The Big Lebowski

 

Jeff Bridges (The Dude) and John Goodman (Walter Sobchak)

 

If you have not seen this movie and these performances, you need to view them immediately.

 

Absolutely hysterical and fantastic.

The Big Lebowski

 

Jeff Bridges (The Dude) and John Goodman (Walter Sobchak)

 

If you have not seen this movie and these performances, you need to view them immediately.

 

Absolutely hysterical and fantastic.

Great choice. I'm not a huge fan of The Big Lebowski unlike some others on this board.

 

IMO, John Goodman > Jeff Bridges.

 

Come to think of it, almost all Coen Brothers movies have great comedic performances by non-comedians.

The Big Lebowski

 

Jeff Bridges (The Dude) and John Goodman (Walter Sobchak)

 

If you have not seen this movie and these performances, you need to view them immediately.

 

Absolutely hysterical and fantastic.

Great choice. I'm not a huge fan of The Big Lebowski unlike some others on this board.

 

IMO, John Goodman > Jeff Bridges.

 

Almost all Coen Brothers movies have great comedic performances by non-comedians.

 

I agree. And that's not saying anything bad about Bridges because he's awesomely great. Goodman is just ridiculously outstanding. I love that movie.

Goodman > Bridges in the Big Lebowski? WTF.

 

I'll go one better in that movie though - John Turturro as Jesus Quintana.

 

"You ready to be f***ed meng?"

Goodman > Bridges in the Big Lebowski? WTF.

 

I'll go one better in that movie though - John Turturro as Jesus Quintana.

 

"You ready to get f***ed meng?"

 

yeah, but "this is not 'nam, smokey. this is bowling. there are rules."

 

and bridges is simply spectacular. they both are. goodman is just so extreme, its great.

Goodman was fine, but Bridges performance is one of my favorites of all-time.

 

I'm not going to split hairs on that film though. My 1A or 1B best comedy ever.

My top 2 performances of all time are Bridges and Goodman. That's what I'm saying. And my number 1 smaller, supporting performance is Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Brandt. He's amazing.

Yeah, I mean The Big Lebowski is the greatest movie ever. All time. The world blew up when The Big Lebowski came out.

Yeah, I mean The Big Lebowski is the greatest movie ever. All time. The world blew up when The Big Lebowski came out.

 

and that signature is classic.

i guess i dont understand... How is john goodman not a comedic actor? hes always been one funny SOB. Him in Raising Arizona = good stuff

 

 

 

How about Peter Graves as Cpt Oveur in Airplane

Goodman was fine, but Bridges performance is one of my favorites of all-time.

 

I'm not going to split hairs on that film though. My 1A or 1B best comedy ever.

I just rewatched because I remembered not liking the movie at all?

 

Movie still blows. In fact, it was worse than I remembered. Nevermind a chuckle, I didn't even crack a smile.

 

Most. Overrated. Movie. Ever.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.