Mac OSX Leopard

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Well, I got Jaguar Leopard in the mail this morning, installed it, and have it up and running. I haven't played with it too much, but its very slick. There are some more refined visual details (folders and windows etc.) and the integration between all of the Mac native software seems to be top notch.

Post your thoughts...

Guest FlummoxedLummox

How much did u pay for it?

My father bought an iPhone before the price reduction, and he used his $200 credit to get a family pack license. (It was $199 for 5 licenses)

I walked over to the Soho Apple store and picked it up, it's installed now. So far, meh. The big thing for me, time machine, isn't working with an external hard drive I have connected to my apartment's network despite the g-drive showing up in the finder. Also, it changed something up because it used to mount automatically to my desktop, now it still mounts but not the same.

Definitely sleek looking but this is going to be a big annoyance for me, basically I wanted this for time machine and time machine only. :(

^im pretty sure its been said that time machine will not work over a network

Well, when it was introduced, it was going to. After having spoken to them, no, it does not work over a network (pulled last week) the hard-drive itself must be hardwired to the computer. However, they said that it may be an option after a month or two.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

In response to that cartoon...

The Mac Store is the single most vile place for me to go. The pretentiousness in that place makes me want to kick everyone in the balls. Nonetheless, I like their products.