Favorite Album of 2007

METSrosexual

I was actually looking at the amount of CD's i bought this year, and I think it's been more than any other year. I know it's mid November, but I started looking at what should be on my list for tops of 2007.

In no order at all, just stuff I enjoyed a lot:

Babyshambles - "Shotter's Nation"

The White Stripes - "Icky Thump"

Klaxons - "Myths of the Near Future"

Ian Brown - "The World Is Yours"

M.I.A. - "Kala"

Duran Duran - "Red Carpet Massacre"

Beastie Boys - "The Mix-Up"

The Chemical Brothers - "We Are The Night"

Justice - "Cross"

The Hives - "The Black and White Album"

LCD Soundsystem - "Sound of Silver"

Velvet Revolver - "Libertad"

The Killers - "Sawdust" (I like it)

The Good, the Bad and the Queen - "The Good, the Bad and the Queen"

Queens of the Stone Age - "Era Vulgaris"

Kings of Leon - "Because of the Times" (it gets a lil better after every listen)

Arctic Monkeys - "Favourite Worst Nightmare"

What do the rest of you have as tops so far...

No particular order"

Seal- "System"

Justice- "Cross"

Dave Gahan- "Hourglass"

Duran2- "RCM"

Kim Leoni- "Again"

Gabriel and Dresden- "Dangerous Power"

Still havent gotten around to listening to the new Radiohead (I know, lame) but I have a feeling I will like/love it.

I don't really have one, but if someone says "Minutes to Midnight" I'm going head hunting.

Not sure why everyone hates on Minutes to Midnight.... That is an amazing album!!!! I mean its not the best of 07 but that album is not bad at all, especially when you see these guys play the songs live. Sure there are 2-3 songs that are horrible but all the rest are amazing! People just hate that LP went away from its "original style".. If you actually take time and listen to some of the lyrics they are amazing!!

Minutes To Midnight was terrible.

compared to what??

Anything that isn't crappy. It's probably the worst album I've heard all year, and that's not an overstatement. It is really bad, and I actually liked their first two albums.

You dislike all the songs?? Youve just said it sucked, no reason to it though

compared to what??

Anything that isn't crappy. It's probably the worst album I've heard all year, and that's not an overstatement. It is really bad, and I actually liked their first two albums.

You don't listen to enough albums if you think MTM is the worst album of the year.

compared to what??

You don't listen to enough albums if you think MTM is the worst album of the year.

I'd say the worst albums I've heard this year are Minutes to Midnight and Jimmy Eat World's. I can't get an accurate figure, but I'd put the number of new albums I've listened to this year at close to 100. I just think MTM is boring as hell. I really don't think there's a single strong song on it.

Leave Out All The Rest is the strongest track melodically IMO and it wasnt even released as the 2nd single.

There's no way it is the WORST album of 2007. Call it bad, call it whatever you want except the "worst album of 2007".

Im sorry bob but that is just retarded.

Totally agree with you Don... "In Pieces" I think is the strongest lyrical song... Listen to those lyrics real close, they are AWESOME!! The melody/beat doesn't fit to well but Chester is able to mix in the lyrics well so it matches...

WAYYYYYY OFF the worst album of the year...

Guest Count Bass D

Common - Finding Forever

Jay-Z - American Gangster

Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens

Soon to be:

Lupe Fiasco - The Cool

Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams

Leave Out All The Rest is the strongest track melodically IMO and it wasnt even released as the 2nd single.

There's no way it is the WORST album of 2007. Call it bad, call it whatever you want except the "worst album of 2007".

Im sorry bob but that is just retarded.

God forbid I have different tastes in music than you. That couldn't be possible, could it? I mean, how dare I not like an album you sort of like.

Ok, what is your worst album of the year?

:rolleyes:

Obviously different ppl have different tastes in music. But that's not the point. Your not saying you don't like MTM or you hate it and it sucks.

Your saying it the WORST ALBUM OF 2007.

Out of the 5,000-10,000 albums that came out this year your calling it the worst one. Its cute.

Off the top of my head I would call Mark Ronson's "Version" the worst album of 2007. But I'll have to think about it more.

Out of the 5,000-10,000 albums that came out this year your calling it the worst one. Its cute.

Oh get over yourself, dude.

It's the worst album I've heard. I obviously haven't heard every single album that came out.

The logic you are using basically also means that I can't technically call any album the "best" right? Or maybe you're just being a douche because you disagree with me.

I mean, seriously, what the f*** are you arguing here? That my opinion is wrong? That my opinion is invalid because I haven't heard every album? That you happen to think it isn't the worst album? It honestly seems like you're just being a douchebag.

Its a message board. Not sure why your getting so e-serious and droppin f-bombs.

Last time I checked, Im allowed to voice displeasure with someone making bold statements.

Take some combat breathes and relax dude.

Oh and BTW, Wilco is the most boring and contrived band I've ever heard.