December 28, 200718 yr I think it's safe to assume that Rabelo or Treanor could top Miguel Olivo's .667 OPS. An even safer bet would to assume they could top his .262 OBP. Olivo sucks as a starter but I would bet that our '08 catchers don't match Olivo's Marlins OPS (.696) or that they do as good a job as he did erasing base runners on the bases. I'd be willing to be that whoever gets more at bats between Treanor and Rabelo, that player will have a better than .700 OPS Okay, I'll bet a $1 that he doesn't OPS over .700 and another $1 that his CS% is lower than Olivo's CS% with the Marlins (35.71%). And how about passed balls and errors? Who will have more of those? How about another $1 on this: (PB + (errors x 2) - (runners picked-off x 2)) / innings caught The lower number wins.
December 29, 200718 yr a WHole DoLLaR???!!!!!! well who in their right mind would bet more than that on either Matt Treanor or Miguel Olivo?
December 30, 200718 yr say what you will but I can't help but being a little optimistic about Rabelo getting 400 at-bats and seeing what he can do. He could turn out to be one of those solid switch-hitting catchers....you never know.
December 30, 200718 yr say what you will but I can't help but being a little optimistic about Rabelo getting 400 at-bats and seeing what he can do. He could turn out to be one of those solid switch-hitting catchers....you never know. just wondering... why the optimism?
December 31, 200718 yr say what you will but I can't help but being a little optimistic about Rabelo getting 400 at-bats and seeing what he can do. He could turn out to be one of those solid switch-hitting catchers....you never know. just wondering... why the optimism? obviously i've got no stats to back me up but he's 27 and he seems to know how to handle pitchers....I donno call it a hunch Just might be fun to watch him in 08 and see what kind of offeensive numbers he can put up...that's all i'm saying even though more likely he will hit .250...still can't help but being a little excited about watching him.
December 31, 200718 yr Dear Miguel Olivo, Your time in Miami was brief, but not brief enough. Although I enjoyed watching how you can effectively kill a rally all by yourself, I will enjoy watching you ruin the Royals just as much. Please, don't forget to call the letter-high fastball to the other teams slugger with the game on the line. Kansas City hasn't been able to root for much, but here's to them rooting for you to be traded for a "Sam Club" membership card. With that, I leave you with a song... Regretfully they tell us, But firmly they compel us To say goodby to you, Thank God! So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night, I love for you to go and leave this pretty site. So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu, Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu. So long, farewell, Au'voir, auf wiedersehen, I'd like to stay and taste my Third champagne So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye, I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye, Good bye Loving Watching You Twist in the KC Wind, Chris
December 31, 200718 yr Dear Miguel Olivo, Your time in Miami was brief, but not brief enough. Although I enjoyed watching how you can effectively kill a rally all by yourself, I will enjoy watching you ruin the Royals just as much. Please, don't forget to call the letter-high fastball to the other teams slugger with the game on the line. Kansas City hasn't been able to root for much, but here's to them rooting for you to be traded for a "Sam Club" membership card. With that, I leave you with a song... Regretfully they tell us, But firmly they compel us To say goodby to you, Thank God! So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, good night, I love for you to go and leave this pretty site. So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, adieu, Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu. So long, farewell, Au'voir, auf wiedersehen, I'd like to stay and taste my Third champagne So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen, goodbye, I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye, Good bye Loving Watching You Twist in the KC Wind, Chris Damn such bitterness and negativity! Whatever happened to "Wishing you the best"?
December 31, 200718 yr You wouldn't lie to the cops if you ONLY witnessed a Purse Snatching. You don't lie to ballplayers who played poorly. I'd wish him the best in KC, but his best is a 240 BA and an abused pitching staff. Chris
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.