Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Olivo to sign with Royals

Featured Replies

Royals have reportedly agreed to terms with catcher Miguel Olivo, who had been with the Marlins, on a one-year contract with a mutual option for 2009.

Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed yet. Olivo's career hitting line of .239/.275/.405 is very close to John Buck's career mark of .237/.297/.408, so it's unclear how the Royals plan to divvy up playing time between the right-handed hitters. Both players have good power for the position, but possess horrible on-base skills and struggle against right-handed pitching. Olivo was non-tendered by the Marlins earlier this month after hitting just .237/.262/.405 in 2007.

 

--- RotoWorld.com

wow, finally a reason to go to the Marlins Royals series

 

I that series Olivo will go 9-12 2hr and 6 RBI's... Watch! Never fails against the marlins...

 

 

BTW I take it your going to end your strike to see Olivo and the Royals?

our gain is their loss.......let him go suck somewhere else....KC should immediately fire their GM

our gain is their loss.......let him go suck somewhere else....KC should immediately fire their GM

yea, Olivo would be a terrible guy to have on the bench

 

:rolleyes:

wow, finally a reason to go to the Marlins Royals series

 

I that series Olivo will go 9-12 2hr and 6 RBI's... Watch! Never fails against the marlins...

 

 

BTW I take it your going to end your strike to see Olivo and the Royals?

I'm banking on a stadium deal before that, but I might have to just to boo Olivo

our gain is their loss.......let him go suck somewhere else....KC should immediately fire their GM

yea, Olivo would be a terrible guy to have on the bench

 

:rolleyes:

Very meh.

 

I'd like for my backup catcher to be able to have a decent AB and be better than a sheet of chickenwire defensively..

 

he will still put up more productive numbers than Rabello or Treanor. He probably wont be having many decent AB's but he will still be able to hit a couple of jacks in that stadium.

our gain is their loss.......let him go suck somewhere else....KC should immediately fire their GM

yea, Olivo would be a terrible guy to have on the bench

 

:rolleyes:

Very meh.

 

I'd like for my backup catcher to be able to have a decent AB and be better than a sheet of chickenwire defensively..

 

he will still put up more productive numbers than Rabello or Treanor. He probably wont be having many decent AB's but he will still be able to hit a couple of jacks in that stadium.

he certainly did not put up more productive numbers than Treanor

 

Treanor's .749 OPS in 2007 was better than either of Olivo's 2 seasons in teal

he'll probably hit 8-12 homers, 45-65 RBI's and a .229/.278/.638

I'll assume that the .638 is his OPS and not SLG

Olivo is a trend setter who will be missed , Olivo introduced the concept of a major league catcher who cant actually catch the ball

Yes, that non-skill first and foremost. Second was the play at the plate KO or TKO. That was enjoyable, but not worth the rest of the package.

.

.

.

Is the backstop behind home in KC the same, closer, or further than at Joe Robbie?

he'll probably hit 8-12 homers, 45-65 RBI's and a .229/.278/.638

I'll assume that the .638 is his OPS and not SLG

 

Yea, I meant OPS.

I think it's safe to assume that Rabelo or Treanor could top Miguel Olivo's .667 OPS. An even safer bet would to assume they could top his .262 OBP.

Olivo sucks as a starter but I would bet that our '08 catchers don't match Olivo's Marlins OPS (.696) or that they do as good a job as he did erasing base runners on the bases.

I think it's safe to assume that Rabelo or Treanor could top Miguel Olivo's .667 OPS. An even safer bet would to assume they could top his .262 OBP.

Olivo sucks as a starter but I would bet that our '08 catchers don't match Olivo's Marlins OPS (.696) or that they do as good a job as he did erasing base runners on the bases.

I'd be willing to be that whoever gets more at bats between Treanor and Rabelo, that player will have a better than .700 OPS

I think it's safe to assume that Rabelo or Treanor could top Miguel Olivo's .667 OPS. An even safer bet would to assume they could top his .262 OBP.

Olivo sucks as a starter but I would bet that our '08 catchers don't match Olivo's Marlins OPS (.696) or that they do as good a job as he did erasing base runners on the bases.

I'd be willing to be that whoever gets more at bats between Treanor and Rabelo, that player will have a better than .700 OPS

Okay, I'll bet a $1 that he doesn't OPS over .700 and another $1 that his CS% is lower than Olivo's CS% with the Marlins (35.71%).

I think it's safe to assume that Rabelo or Treanor could top Miguel Olivo's .667 OPS. An even safer bet would to assume they could top his .262 OBP.

Olivo sucks as a starter but I would bet that our '08 catchers don't match Olivo's Marlins OPS (.696) or that they do as good a job as he did erasing base runners on the bases.

I'd be willing to be that whoever gets more at bats between Treanor and Rabelo, that player will have a better than .700 OPS

Okay, I'll bet a $1 that he doesn't OPS over .700 and another $1 that his CS% is lower than Olivo's CS% with the Marlins (35.71%).

:thumbup

I think it's safe to assume that Rabelo or Treanor could top Miguel Olivo's .667 OPS. An even safer bet would to assume they could top his .262 OBP.

Olivo sucks as a starter but I would bet that our '08 catchers don't match Olivo's Marlins OPS (.696) or that they do as good a job as he did erasing base runners on the bases.

I'd be willing to be that whoever gets more at bats between Treanor and Rabelo, that player will have a better than .700 OPS

Okay, I'll bet a $1 that he doesn't OPS over .700 and another $1 that his CS% is lower than Olivo's CS% with the Marlins (35.71%).

 

And how about passed balls and errors? Who will have more of those?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.