Northwoods Documents

yankeefan21

The sad part is that I heard about this via some crackpot 9/11 Conspiracy "documentary." They were of the opinion that since something like this had been proposed in the past, OBVIOUSLY this time they had followed through on it to get us involved in Iraq...

Well, it certainly doesn't weaken their case... not saying it happened, but the "how could you ever ever f-ing believe such bullshiat?" crowd is undermined a bit.

The government is not some warm, fuzzy, and cute thing. States are the largest mass murderers in history. I mean, I'm by no means a truther, but some people do not realize how inept and/or criminal their government even is...just to think that the FBI supplied working explosives to the terrorists before the 1st WTC bombing is sickening...and this is not a conspiracy, it was on the front page of the NY Times. How short our memories are.

I consider my income tax protection money.

And some people call Ron Paul crazy for wanting to disband parts of the CIA...

I am not one of the "tin foil hat" Ron Paul supporters, but it does sting that I've found a candidate that I perceive as being highly capable of getting this country back on track and yet is getting zero consideration from the Republicans because he is more Republican than they are.

The no-hand outs message will never resonate as long as everyone is looking for one.

Incredible. Document suggesting we conduct terrorist operations against ourselves and our allies and blame the Cubans in order to create a pretext for war against Cuba.

Wow.

Notice the date: 1962. It's just another in a long line of anti-Communist CIA-backed actions during the Cold War, from the reinstallation of the Shah in Iran to Iran-Contra.

Incredible. Document suggesting we conduct terrorist operations against ourselves and our allies and blame the Cubans in order to create a pretext for war against Cuba.

Wow.

Notice the date: 1962. It's just another in a long line of anti-Communist CIA-backed actions during the Cold War, from the reinstallation of the Shah in Iran to Iran-Contra.

Of course. What makes you think they wouldn't do a similar thing today?

Wow.

I agree 100%. But, doesn't that show you what sort of path intervensionism has led us?

Woodrow Wilson was a high-minded fool. "Normalcy" seems good right about now...

Wow.

One today can't get away with the things the CIA did back in the Cold War. Too easy to be exposed. That lesson was learned with Iran-Contra.

But, doesn't that show you what sort of path intervensionism has led us?

Normalcy is also impossible. Where would "normalcy" have led us? Nazi extermination? Soviet gulags?

While not everything this nation has done has ended well (you know, that whole "path to Hell" thing), as a whole we have been of far greater benefit to the World than detriment.

Wow.

One today can't get away with the things the CIA did back in the Cold War. Too easy to be exposed. That lesson was learned with Iran-Contra.

But, doesn't that show you what sort of path intervensionism has led us?

Normalcy is also impossible. Where would "normalcy" have led us? Nazi extermination? Soviet gulags?

While not everything this nation has done has ended well (you know, that whole "path to Hell" thing), as a whole we have been of far greater benefit to the World than detriment.

Here's my best opinion on "normalcy":

:lol

That was AWESOME! Basically my opinion as well.

Bottom line: In a global economy, isolationism simply doesn't work.

There's a difference between not looking for trouble and isolationism.

The point of being a superpower is to extract everything you can. The US wants nothing but a unipolar world, and they want everyone else to be their pawns. When people, like huge chavez(even though I hate him), come out with multi-polar worlds and try to look at not having such a heirarchy of power we try to control these countries and shoot down their ambitions. Again, I will say I do not like Hugo, but he has done things for this country that people do not appreciate. I think he hates Bush more than America and maybe if we could ally with other countries and not fight them or oppress them we wouldn't be hated as much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.