Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VandenHurk's Victory

Featured Replies

Good stuff, held his own and it resulted in a win.

 

 

Spring training games mean nothing to me. Guys like Roger Clemens and Greg Maddux get rocked every spring outing and they still go on to have great seasons. It's good that he held his own and got the W, but don't get too excited only to be disappointed later.

I am glad he looked good, but yes, good pitchers in secure positions get rocked in ST as they work on specific things-a certain pitch, a change in delivery etc and don't care if the batter knows what is coming. Pitchers on the bubble are throwing their best stuff against either players who won't be on a MLB roster or batters who have not yet found their eye.

And don't think the head games don't start in ST. Guys like Maddox are setting hitters up for junk they're gonna throw in August. I'm sure Gregg wasn't planning on giving up three homers today but I'll bet he wasn't showing his best stuff either.

And don't think the head games don't start in ST. Guys like Maddox are setting hitters up for junk they're gonna throw in August. I'm sure Gregg wasn't planning on giving up three homers today but I'll bet he wasn't showing his best stuff either.

 

 

I heard an interview with Maddux a few years ago, he said that exact thing. That he does things in SPring training and even early in the season to set guys up for late months of the season. Plus we also need to remember these batters are looking for two pitches, fast and changeup

And don't think the head games don't start in ST. Guys like Maddox are setting hitters up for junk they're gonna throw in August. I'm sure Gregg wasn't planning on giving up three homers today but I'll bet he wasn't showing his best stuff either.

 

 

I heard an interview with Maddux a few years ago, he said that exact thing. That he does things in SPring training and even early in the season to set guys up for late months of the season. Plus we also need to remember these batters are looking for two pitches, fast and changeup

 

 

They didn't call him "The Professor" for nothing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.